Making a tire/wheel page

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Making a tire/wheel page
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 10:13 am:

Certain questions recur. One that comes up frequently is What kind of tires/wheels are these (or, should I get)? One of these days I'd like to make a page for my website giving the basic information on tires and wheels. I want to include a glossary with pictures because most folks new to T era cars are unfamiliar with the terms, and verbal descriptions don't measure up to seeing the actual thing. Some of the obvious things to include will be clincher, balloon, demountable, rim, felloe, drop center, etc. I'm not looking for a long and detailed discourse on every aspect of wheels and tires. The idea is to define and show the basic information. I don't want to miss something obvious and basic, so along with the terms I listed here, what should I include?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 10:24 am:

Steve, for inspiration, here is a link to a page from Nick's Garage, where he shows pictures of Mopar high performance air cleaners by year. He also has a similar page for jacks and a few other Mopar parts.

http://www.nicksgarage.com/aircleaner.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 10:26 am:

Get it from Hap.He has a wealth of pictures and stuff.Save you a bunch of time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 10:56 am:

Like this:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/37545.html?1192456981

and this

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/293804.html?1338991040

That would be a nice addition Steve....all pictures in one place! Good Luck!!

PS I'll wish for continued cold weather so that you can stay inside and complete the project! <:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 02:25 pm:

Yep, I plan to search the forum and the encyclopedia for information and some pictures and diagrams. I intend to use some of my own pictures too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 06:31 pm:

In 1974 the Horseless Carriage Gazzette printed a list of tire/ wheel applications for cars up to, I believe, 1920. It was a great help finding wheels and rims for my 1918 Chalmers. Made cross referencing other makes easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 08:03 pm:

Steve,

Great idea. I'll gladly contribute anything I've found so far. And actually Steve Shelton put together a great start and we are still hoping to put together an article for the "Vintage Ford." I keep wanting to find more answers before we go final, but we could clearly put what we have so far and just make a note "If someone finds an error or omission, please let us know. I've got some items at my day job I have to complete before I can sort through some of the info.

If you want to press on -- feel free or by the middle of next month I should be able to give you an organized listing with photos. If you decide to press on if you put l9l5 2845 site:mtfca.com into Google search you will find many of the ones where it was discussed. (Those are a "lower case L" for the number 1, and 2845 was the part number for the 30 x 3 1/2 with different suffixes for different styles.)

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration