Accy Fuses for terminal block . ????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Accy Fuses for terminal block . ????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 07:11 pm:

Does anyone know anything about these fuses for the terminal block. They are individual fuses that "bridge" the wiring screws on the terminal block. I got these years ago with some other accy items and have not seen anymore. Does anyone know where to but them at if they are still produced. I would like to put a set on my speedsters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 07:12 pm:

fusesfuse 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 07:14 pm:

I meant to say "buy them at" I proof read it twice and still messed it up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 07:35 pm:

You really only need one on the Battery wire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 07:47 pm:

I thought about that. But are all the other wires hot at some time.? I know you will only be protecting half of each circuit, but that is half that was not protected before. Im not much of an electrician, so I could be wrong ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 08:00 pm:

I think the photo is upside down.... I suspect the fuses would be used to protect the lite circuits which would put the fuses at positions 3 thru 6. It is much more difficult to protect the battery (and the magneto) as the current in & out of that terminal is much more variable. Also if you put a fuse in the battery wire, when it does blow you loose ignition and lights, not a good idea for night driving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 08:07 pm:

Tony: That makes sence. That may be why there are only 4 of the fuses on the panel ... Thanks ...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration