Excellent swap meet Marietta, OH

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Excellent swap meet Marietta, OH
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 07:49 am:

The 5th annual swap meet in Marrietta, OH is coming up on March 1st and should have quite a few T parts.
Nice warm building. Good home cooked food. Last just one day, Saturday only. Been there since the first one. We do well both selling and buying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 07:57 am:

Tom- thanks. I just looked up the details.

2014 Winter Swap Meet
March 1st, 2014
From 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM
The 5th Annual Winter Swap Meet wil be held, Saturday, March 1, 2014 at the Washington County Fair Grounds located at 922 Front Street, Marietta, Ohio. The event is sponsored by the Country Roads T & A Club and the Mid Ohio Valley Ford and Mustang Club. The event will be held inside the Jr. Fair Building. Admission is $5.00 per person

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 09:09 am:

Wish it were a bit closer. Even though I'm in Ohio, I'm at the complete opposite end, so that means either one heckuva long day but really an over-nighter. Being a bit frugal like Steve Jelf, I'm not wanting to spend money on a hotel, and then of course, there's that "cootie bed" thing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 10:04 am:

Chickasha is about 50 miles less traveling for me than going to Marietta. How do they compare?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 01:09 pm:

Chickahsa, 3days. Marietta, 1 day. No contest for me. Why don't they make these meets more than one day? I would come if they would. Day on the road, day there and then a day home. Not worth the expense for just one day. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 06:44 pm:

I have a few times in the past gone to Bakersfield as a one day trip. 6 1/2 hours drive each way and about 8 hours while there. I leave about 1:30 in the am and get home close to midnight after a dinner stop. I hope to do it again this year. I have in the past had offers to share a camping space. I may have to consider it next time. I may be getting too old for this. But I do not want to waste perfectly good model T money on no stinking hotel!
(There is an upside to severe insomnia)
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 07:04 pm:

Wayne,
I will also be at Bakersfield. Will be located several spaces down from the restroom on the north east side. Staying in our Trail lite RV. Bring a small enclosed trailer with lot's of Mag's and other things to sell.
Hope to see you there.
Les

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 04:52 pm:

Marietta is not nearly as large as Chickasha. It is a nice one day, indoor swap meet with usually lots of T stuff.
Fun time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 05:32 pm:

I have been to the Marietta swap meet in the past and I too found a lot of Model T parts available as well as knowledgeable vendors.

Tim,
I live about three hours away from the meet and enjoyed the drive. (nice weather then) I figure 6 to 7 hours driving and a couple hours at the meet is the same as a 9 to 10 hour day at work but much more pleasant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 05:47 pm:

I went last year and it is a great meet. It continues to grow and I hope they make into at least a two day event. I saw tons of model t parts,and more wire wheels than I've seen for awhile.I will be going back this year if the snow isn't to deep.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 10:10 am:

bump - reminder

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 09:15 pm:

Seeing as how I can not attend this year, will someone who will be attending post how it all went. I really want to see this grow. It is nice to have a good quality swap meet this close to home.
Thanks
Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 04:02 pm:

I went,found an early wheel and a very good deal on a set of tires. Saw a bunch of fine folks,and visited with Paul Griesse and saw his cars. Good trip and the weather couldn't have been nicer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 04:53 pm:

I had a great day at the swap meet. I attend every year and it's getting better every year. I traveled over with Tony Wiltshire and we had a great time visiting with friends and making new ones. Norm Bailey and his team did another outstanding job again this. Plan now to attend next year.
Brent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 06:42 pm:

So the show was awesome. I got 4 demountable wheels for $30 and started taking them apart for refinishing. tested out fitting one to my spare and looks like they will fit fine.

I also got a broken moto meter for $1, and took the guts out and put in my repro meter. It looks sooo much better! so glad i went. mw

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration