Attaching Radiator Badges

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Attaching Radiator Badges
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 11:52 am:

Several years ago, I saw someone posting a picture of a special made radiator badge mounting kit. Seems like it had some sort of plastic studs that fit the badge holes, went through the radiator core, and had some type of press on retainers on the back side that worked something like a zip tie. Has anyone else seen this. Do you know where to find them?

Thanks,

Hal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 11:59 am:

I attach them to my tool boxes. Radiator badges are going to block cooling air and eventually cause damage to the radiator. I have so many if they were all on the car they would completely block air flow. As it is one of my tool boxes is completely covered. Rather than pitch them in a drawer I think they give my tool boxes a bit of added charm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 12:03 pm:

Most plastics become brittle with age. Why not use brass wire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 12:03 pm:

Maybe modified electric radiator fan mounting straps/zip ties will work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 07:18 am:

I use 1/8"stainless allthread with dome nuts on each end. On the back I use a piece of flat strip with a rubber gasket to protect the fins.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 07:25 am:

Thanks guys. I may just put it back on with the screws I had in it before. I was just considering alternatives. Had to take it off to have leak around the inlet pipe repaired.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 10:45 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 10:54 am:

This is an old reproduction script with long brass screws soldered to it:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration