1911 Ford Model T Torpedo for Sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1911 Ford Model T Torpedo for Sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noah Hopton on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 09:31 pm:

Hi Guys!

My fatherís favorite car, the beautiful 1911 Ford Model T Torpedo is still for sale at $40,000.

History:
My mother and father brought this car back from NY in the late 80's.

This car has only had three owners itís whole life. The second owner was William E. Bryant who purchased the car from it's original owner in the late 1970's and restored it in 1980 in Cayuga, New York. William took a great deal to record everything while he restored it.

I have a letter from William to Steve Hubert, the technical Editor of the MTFC dated Feb,22 1980 with questions and details to help him clarify if his car is "in all respects original and unrestored".

Also document are all of the receipts from when it was restored and correspondence from Steve Hubert back to William. Steve agrees with Steve about the authenticity of the car and all of the parts William had in question.

Details:
1911 Ford Torpedo, engine number 37776 and has a casting date of 12/2/10.

I've been told that most everything is original, but I'm sure some of you will post questions and concerns about certain things not being original. I'll answer all questions and update this forum as we move forward with this process.

More photos can be found at:
http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/Nhopton/library/1911%20Ford%20Torpedo?sort=3&page=

I'll be with the car on Sunday and will be able to take more photos. Please email me at noahhopton@gmail.com with questions.

My phone number is 415-250-2063, I work a normal 8-6pm PST job so please call me after work.

Thanks for your time and I hope to find another good home for this wonderful car.

Best,

Noah

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 07:19 am:

Looks like a pretty good car Noah. One obvious thing that is wrong is the engine pan appears to be a later one. Does the proper "no door" 1911 pan come with the car or is it missing? It is a part worth at least a couple thousand dollars, so it affects the value.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 09:50 am:

Certainly nothing wrong with the car, just getting harder to find people with that much money laying around.At least those that are in the Model T hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 01:58 pm:

Yes, I noticed the pan as well. While there are modified later pans available made to look like early pans without the inspection cover, they are all wide pans. Being the engine casting date in early Dec 1910 it should be a narrow pan. As should be the hogshead. Since your hogshead fits the later pan, it is wide as well. I have a narrow gage early hogshead but I had to give $1500 for it. A correct pan would be next to impossible to find, expect to pay a ton of money if you did. I heard one original went for $3500.
With your car, I think the best a buyer could reasonably do is to swap out the pan on the car for one of the repro wide pans and be done with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 03:20 pm:

Noah,

Pleasure to meet you and your Mom both ....

Good Luck with the sale ... :-)

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT J STEINER on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 07:34 pm:

Whats the delivery charge back to Cayuga,NY

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration