Model TT beer truck?????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Model TT beer truck?????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 03:04 pm:

Things keep showing up cheap and it is hard to resist.
I just purchased this old BEER truck body and I am try to decide if it is old enough to go on a TT truck. It measures 7 ft wide and 10 ft long. It would fit on a stretch frame TT that I have.
I looked at an old beer truck web site, but have not found any good examples of this body on a TT.
Any ideas or comments appreciated. (I am not planning to haul real beer, just empty cases)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 03:12 pm:

I don't know exactly how old it is either, but I think it would make a GREAT TT beer truck. My vote is do it!!

Two questions:

1. What does "Aged Bigh" mean?

2. Why on earth would you go to all the trouble and expense of building a truly great beer truck then use it to haul empties? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 03:23 pm:

Looks like a fun bed to put on a TT

BTW, the sign reads AGED RIGHT, a few painted letters are missing

The Lone Star Brewing Company, which opened its doors in 1940, began producing the "national beer of Texas" after owners acquired the Lone Star Beer copyright. The original Lone Star beer went out of business in 1918.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 04:21 pm:

Dang. Thanks Dan. I dunno if I'm "aged right", but the older I get.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 04:39 pm:

You'll have to buy a 1940 V-8 Ford truck for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 05:11 pm:

Steve is right - according to Wikipedia (gasp), Although the Lone Star Brewery was built in 1884, they didn't market a beer called "Lone Star" until 1940.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_Star_Brewing_Company

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. Gustaf Bryngelson on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 05:41 pm:

Nothing like a perfect excuse to buy another truck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 06:06 pm:

Thanks for the response, not the answer I wanted, but the TT and a 1932 model B are my two choices without as Steve said, buy another truck.
I do remember some similar truck beds use in the 1950's. They had the slanted floors like this one and roll-up doors over the individual compartments.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff V on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 10:35 am:

I would go with the '32, since the 18th amendment was in effect from 1920 - 1933 that would make for precious few TT beer trucks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 11:51 am:

I guess I could call it a "Moonshine" hauler but I would have to remove the beer logo. I think moonshine hauling was done with no advertising as it was illegal.
Some of my family made a little moonshine as they were German and trying to keep them from an occasional drink was totally unfair. They only sold a little but never got caught.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 01:28 pm:

Jeff V,

Excellent point!

Good to hear from you.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration