1925 hubcaps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1925 hubcaps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rodrigo Nunes Ricardo on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 04:09 pm:

I bought a hubcap set for my '25 Touring, from Lang's, but it does not fit, it's not large enough... what is wrong with my car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 04:21 pm:

How are the threads on your hub? Sometimes just a couple buggered threads will prevent a new one form starting - has the outer cup ever spun in the hub? If so, the threaded area has been expanded.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 04:30 pm:

I had the same problem on one of my wheels. There's a tool you can buy to chase the threads, but I didn't want to spend the $100, so I used a thread file. In this discussion Wayne Sheldon shows you how to make your own hub threading tool:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/348911.html?1364737600
}}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 04:31 pm:

Measure the hubs. Could be that they're TT hubs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rodrigo Nunes Ricardo on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 06:50 pm:

TT's hubs are smaller?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 07:23 pm:

No, here are pictures from Fred Dimock showing TT and T hubcaps, the TT rear wheel hub cap is to the left in the pictures:
hub caps
hub caps 2

I think a thread file would help. It can be very useful in many more areas when repairing a Model T. http://www.ebay.com/itm/KASTAR-2665-SAE-THREAD-RESTORER-FILE-11-24-TPI-8-SIZES-/310866271327

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration