Update: Value of this 1914 T touring- SOLD!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Update: Value of this 1914 T touring- SOLD!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 06:22 pm:

Re: my thread below (Value 1914 Model T--HELP! see pictures) about help pricing the 1914 T touring I had an opportunity to buy. I bought it this morning for $17,500.
I tried the $14,000-15,000 offer like a lot of you
suggested, and I was comfortable with. They wanted $22,000-25,000 like Royce and several others suggested. We kind of met in the middle. More than I wanted to spend, but I think it's worth it, AND had my wife's approval! Your advice helped me give credence to my end of the bargaining.
I want to thank all of you again for your help and advice, high or low bids. It gave me a lot to think about, and made me more comfortable going in. That's what is great about this forum!
Hope all of you have as much fun with your T's as I'm going to with this one. Take care,

Bob
ps--I'll turn the horn right-side up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 07:43 pm:

Sounds like you gentlemen made a fair deal for both parties. Treasure the car. Remember, Men buy toys they can sell later on (sometimes at a profit like collector cars and firearms) Women mostly buy stuff you can not give away at a garage sale (collector plates Bennie babies etc) Treasure and protect it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 07:45 pm:

I hope I get to see this car in person during the San Diego Model T tour !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 08:23 pm:

Bob B. - Congratulations! You know Bob, when you think about it, you might have spent that $17.5k on a modern "used car", and even if you'd got the "good buy" of the century, in just a few years, that modern "used car" would just be another ol' clunker worth only a small fraction of the $17.5k. While the Model "T" you just bought will be worth as much or more than it's worth today!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 08:28 pm:

Congratulations, Bob. I think you got one heck of a beautiful car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 08:56 pm:

Bob,

Congratulations on your new T!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 11:14 pm:

Bob,

Congratulations! I think you got a good deal! 1914 T's are my favorite.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 11:35 pm:

Bob Bishop:

Good going, I hope you make it to Colorado for one of our tours!!!!

tour

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 11:35 pm:

Bob Bishop:

Good going, I hope you make it to Colorado for one of our tours!!!!

tour

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 11:43 pm:

Next time I get to San Diego I want a ride.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 02:56 am:

Sweet! Congratulations. I would say a good deal for both sides.
I was going to say offer about $14000 to start with, but by the time I read it, it had been pretty well said. I think you did great! I love the car, wrong wheels and all!
Drive carefully, and enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 07:15 am:

Looks like a really good car. You won't lose any money on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 08:34 am:

Bob -- Congratulations on your purchase. I know you've been looking for a long time, and your perseverance paid off by finding a nice one. Now drive, drive, drive! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 08:35 am:

Congrats Bob. In a year from now you will never miss the money you spent but you will still be enjoying that beautiful car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 11:42 am:

I just figured it out!:-) You couldn't wait 3 years for your 17 to be 100 years old, so you bought one which is 100 this year.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 12:07 pm:

Bob - Congratulations on your "new to you" '14.

I'm looking forward to seeing it someday...

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 03:02 pm:

Thank you again for the support guys. I've been having "Geez, what have I done?" and "Buyer's Remorse" all rolled into one since I wrote the check, and your positive comments are keeping me somewhat sane. I've done this with every car and house I've ever purchased, so I know it's just me. Besides, all I have to do is look at the car and I feel better.

You know me too well Norm. Both of these cars will outlast me!

Thank you Royce. Your original advice on the other post made me feel better about what I've done.

Mike, Keith, and Dave-- just come to the San Diego National MTFCA Tour next July and you can drive it or I'll give you a ride!

Thanks again for your help and support.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 03:34 pm:

Great looking '14 Bob - congrats ! This shot of ours in Canada last summer - great fun !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 07:12 pm:

Bob,
look forward to touring with you in the San Diego area. Plan on doing a tour in the north county some time this year.

Enjoy!

Les

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 07:22 pm:

I figure I will never lose money on something that gets sold at my estate sale!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 07:49 pm:

Ain't that the truth, Royce ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 09:03 pm:

I like the red 1914 and i wish the Wife would let me paint our's red! Bud in Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 09:36 pm:

Ones sold at my estate sale will be the ONLY ones I didn't lose money on. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 04:49 pm:

Bob, where's the pics at home ??
David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 12:23 am:

Here's one of the new (to me) 1914 touring, and one of my 1917 touring.
Thanks again for all your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 12:41 am:

We need a LIKE button.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Augustinovich on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 06:18 am:

From my experience with the '14 Touring I had and lost, I would say you got a great car and great deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 07:38 am:

I agree with Steve...I LIKE it! I think you did OK at 17.5K. I landed a fantastic '20 Runabout for $12K and I'm sure I could get more, was offered $16 at a car show the same year I bought it, of course turned it down! Paid much more for my '15 Touring also in fastastic shape, but just spent $2K rebuilding it's allegedly rebuilt engine! Sometimes you're the statue, sometimes you're the pigeon!
Enjoy that "new" car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 08:11 am:

Auggie,We hope you and K are well! Bud&Diane.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 08:13 am:

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 01:31 pm:

Thanks guys. You're making me feel as good as the car does!
Take care and have fun. Looking forward to the pleasure of meeting you here in July for the MTFCA National Tour.

Bob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration