Ever see a thrust plate like this?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Ever see a thrust plate like this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 02:35 pm:

I'm still mining rear axles for usable parts, and I'm finding a few unusual items. Here's the latest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 05:17 pm:

Steve, just wondering what you do with the non-usable parts. I finally sold mine for scrap since the prices started going up several years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 05:44 pm:

Steve I could use a pair of rear radius rods for a 22 if you want to sell a pair. Thanks James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 08:49 pm:

That should allow for better lubrication.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 09:51 pm:

Steve

Hard to tell from the picture but what are those? Some kind of notch in the thrust washer that is supposed to retain the washer in place of the pins?

Looks like lugs machined into the housing to fit the notches - just can't tell without an oblique shot.

Interesting though!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 09:58 pm:

This is the thrust plate that goes between the thrust washer and the housing. It's been cut, with the cuts bent to make tabs which fit on opposite sides of the tube. I'd shoot a picture to show that, but my camera's gone haywire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 10:12 pm:

John, since non-usable is in the eye of the beholder, I expect eventually I'll take all the parts I think are junk to Chickasha and have a $1 table.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 02:08 am:

$1 per each piece? Yes please! But i live so far away..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 02:14 am:

Steve,

I'll give you $1 for the table (maybe even $2 if it's in nice shape). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 12:15 pm:

Steve, I guess the tabs (didn't realize they were bent towards the wheel side) would catch on the webbing on the pumpkin and that would keep them from rotating ?

If so, I guess it was just a shadetree mechanics way of not having to fool with the pins or setting the pin depth correctly. Or .... maybe he just lost em'!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 03:01 pm:

Looks neatly done. Perhaps was an aftermarket thrust plate advertised as not needing those pesky pins that wear off!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration