Old Photo - Students At Work In The Auto Repair Shop

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Students At Work In The Auto Repair Shop
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 03:33 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 11:53 pm:

Jay,
Great picture....looking at how the T engine is supported on saw horses....tells the story on how transmission shafts and crank shaft flanges get out of alignment.

Thank you for all the great pictures you post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 12:06 am:

From the looks of some of the boys there, it could be Chilocco or one of the other Indian schools. It seems the line shaft has been retired.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerry van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 12:15 am:

About a 13 with electric lights fitted?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 12:16 am:

I'd like to have that lineshaft!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 03:38 am:

The lack of benches, shelves, tools and equipment scattered around the two walls we can see makes me wonder if they have just moved into a re-purposed room or building. Also looks staged. "OK, Look Natural". The fellows on the right in suits looking intently at a vacant spot where an engine used to be. Others posed holding a wrench or a jack handle. The guy turning a rod wrench and the one on the end of the extension cord look most believable.
There is a great story there but I'm not sure what it is.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 05:57 am:

The two fellows in the suits are management...looking blankly at the car trying to figure out what happened to the engine.

The two boys with the jack are from Cleveland and are stripping the car. They already have the radiator and hood and now are working on stealing the front tires.

At the third car they are trying to get the wheel off by prying on the spokes.

The fellow in the chair is hooking up a starter to the power cord to see if it will turn over on 110 volts since it won't on 6 volts.

The guy working on the motor is changing the oil by tipping it on to it's side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 06:48 am:

Center car is a '15 Hupp. I think the car on the left might be a '16 Hupp roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 10:39 am:

Thanks Dennis. I knew you would have the straight scoop. ;0/3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 05:34 pm:

Dennis - I about choked on my Nicorette laughing while reading your assessment of the scene. Starter part was the best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 06:03 pm:

Just trying to be helpful fellas.

I could describe many of the photos on the forum so folks would know what was going on but I'm sure I'd get thrown off this site.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration