OT One more snowstorm

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT One more snowstorm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 09:03 am:

Another one is going to hit us tomorrow
They are saying only 12 inches this time

If this keeps up I will have to covert the T to a snowmobile or move south.

If we move south we are not stopping in Georgia because 1 inch of ice is worse than 12 inches of snow.

I wonder if Key West is far enough south!
Can't do Texas as it is too close to Mexico and it sounds a lot like Taxes.

Where would you move to?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 09:24 am:

HAWAII!! But could only afford to ship one of my cars, but that's OK. The constant nice weather and beautiful chicks would be well worth the reduction of fleet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 09:30 am:

I'm already here. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 09:34 am:

Bob;
Suppose to be 80 degrees here today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 09:57 am:

That was quick!

Bob you have convinced me !
Please email me your address so they know where to deliver my furniture
I hope you have room for the T and a 1931 Model A, two vans, me and my wife, my daughter, two granddaughters, two cats, and my son when he visits from California.
I figure that we can be there in about a week

I will leave the snowblower for the people that stay here!

Ps. Do you have a boat so we can go fishing 3 - 4 times a week?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 10:04 am:

Fred you still need to speak at least some Spanish if you go all the way to key west (Cuban Population) and Miami is still the only American city where I have seen signs out side of business that proudly proclaim "YES we speak English!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 10:08 am:

¿Por que tengo que marcar el 2 para español?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 10:14 am:

English, America's other language!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 10:17 am:

Steve
"Para Español marque 8" that should help!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. Gustaf Bryngelson on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 10:34 am:

That reminds me of the story of the woman who overheard a dark skinned woman speaking another language on a cell phone while waiting in line, she told the "foreign" woman that if she is going to live in the US she should learn the language and speak English. the "foreign" woman replied, that the other woman should learn to speak Hopi.

PS We are getting another snow storm here and another in a few days, it is great to have the moisture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 11:51 am:

I speak fluent Spanish after sampling a few margaritas
The problem is they don't understand me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 12:23 pm:

Key West will definitely work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 12:37 pm:

Hello, Richard. You're right, it's about 80 but I think it feels more like 79 with the chill factor. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 12:43 pm:

Sorry, Fred, already got a full house. Probably some vacancies around here though.

I don't recommend Key West. Pretty freaky down there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 12:43 pm:

That's your problem Fred, in order to converse and be understood in Spanish both parties must consume equal amounts of Padrone!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 03:12 pm:

I'm thinking about moving to Sydney, Australia. They haven't had snow since 1836.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 03:31 pm:

Yea, we are in the middle of a storm now.I was on the road at 10;30,it was fine.A freind called to ask if I could get them unstuck from their drive way.I jumped back in the old chevy wagon,about a hour later, that i have allways drove in this mess and the roads were way worse.I got about 3 miles down the road, and was going to downshift to second to slow down for a hill and I was put into "crash dummy" mode.wow it happens fast. I bumped the front end into a dirt bank,then the trailer hitch bounced off it,and I cranked back up and drove on.All ok till I got to the stop sign,NO BRAKES literaly.
UH? i got to a safe place, got out checked the car, the old bouncey bumpers did thier thing but the plastic is busted behind them.a peice is brok in the middle of the bumper,plastic.
Oh well,Checked the brake fluid,had some,but when I got back in the car,a lady stopped and said you have something brown leaking under the car.Right under the drivers seat comeing from inside the frame rail.
Brake fluid.Musta been a rusty line or something,wont know till it clears up.
Oh well, I drove about 6 to 7 miles home with NO brakes except the rear park brake.NOT fun.But got home safe.Weather was Terriable,roads are terriable and more to come.So here I sit,and will stay like a good little boy! and eat my humble pie. Been driveing since I was 17 and drove alot in bad weather with no problems.But this was just a booboo.I think I had forgot I was in D2 and must have put it in D1 not thinking and caused this.I think driveing a T with little brakes on a good day helps when you drive newer stuff with little to no brakes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 03:44 pm:

Lol I lived in Hawaii for 3 years, nice weather but nothing is free. There are more of the local Japanese/Hawaiian people than white people, and they are VERY racist against white folks. It was a surreal experience. Oh, and get ready for $6 a gallon for gas AND milk!! Everything has to be shipped there so it's all WAY more expensive. The weather and the views are amazing though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 06:46 pm:

Mack,
I'm just down I-85 from you across the SC line where it's been snowing for 2 days, and just started raining! Roads will be great tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 08:59 pm:

My son just starting driving a truck for a living. Last storm, he lost 2 days pay and looks like the same thing this time. Both times, he had a load for Atlanta and had to wait it out. Of course, I'm glad he's being safe, but he's barely making the bills.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 11:58 pm:

yea, wont they?
Heck I cant even get the old 3 wheel golf cart to move now in the driveway.stuck in the snow.
BUT in my stash of junk there is extra wheels to rusty to use for good tires.There WILL be steel angle iron welded to them so I can go even in this mess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 04:45 pm:

Got this in Cleveland, Tennessee yesterday 2/12/2014

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 04:46 pm:

Got this in Cleveland, Tennessee yesterday 2/12/2014

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 05:47 pm:

Steve: We got a good 4" almost 5" down here at my place last night. Most of it is gone today thank goodness. I hate that stuff. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 09:44 pm:

The Keweenaw peninsula of Upper Michigan (juts out into Lake Superior) is reporting their total snowfall this winter at 237 inches with 41 inches on the ground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Record all time was 390 inches back in '78 - '79!!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 12:37 am:

Dan
Sounds like you got blasted pretty good too...This was my kind of snow 8-9 inches in the morning just after midnight now and maybe 2" - 3" left in the grass I'm sure it will be gone by Saturday . I like to see it come, but not lay around for weeks on end.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 12:38 am:

Joe
I couldn't stand it......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 12:52 am:

Got about four inches Monday last week. It was still here a week later. Very unusual not to get above the mid-twenties for more than a week. Most of it went away yesterday and today. Tomorrow should finish it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 09:45 pm:

Camping in the house wasn't that bad for us as we have a gas log fireplace. But I would have preferred camping during spring or fall and where there was a better view. The electricity was off at our house for a little under 40 hours and came back late today. I have the tree limbs cut up but I still need to clean up the smaller mess. There are still folks without electricity and if they don't have a generator so the furnace will run or another source of heat -- it can be uncomfortable. The little things like electric lights, a shower, and the normally heat mean a lot more to me today than just three days ago.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 10:00 pm:

I can sympathize with that. After the big ice storm several years ago the power to my house was off from the end of February to the end of April. It was either cook in the fireplace or don't cook. I ate in town a lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 10:11 pm:

Here in Texas we have the lowest tax burden of anywhere in the world. It is heaven on earth. Today's temperature 65 degrees F. Great day to drive a Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 08:22 am:

Royce - do you still say that in July and August?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 09:31 am:

Subtitle of a book: "Poor New Mexico; So Far from Heaven, So Close to Texas."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 10:11 am:

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell” ~ Phil Sheridan

Stephen Austin said it was the most beautiful country he had ever seen, but he was selling real estate.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration