Old Photo - The Wilson Ford Dealership in Marion, Kentucky In 1915

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - The Wilson Ford Dealership in Marion, Kentucky In 1915
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 11:47 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 12:04 pm:

That's 1915 in the same way that a merino ram is a species of migratory waterfowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 12:14 pm:

Steve, YOUR RIGHT! Marty Stouffer would be proud of you! I think the Dealership was started in 1915.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 12:26 pm:

It's a pretty cool line-up of TT's no matter how you cut it. Anybody know what that rig on the far right is?

The trucks on the right and the left have the later radiator apron and seem to have (hard to tell for sure) the longer running boards, so I'm guessing the photo is 1925 or so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 01:00 pm:

Fordson Tractor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 01:04 pm:

Theres no fenders on that Fordson so its pre 1923

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 02:04 pm:

I pass thru Marion 2 or 3 times a year (it's the firt town you come across after crossing the Ohio river on the Ferry). I'll have to see if the building is still there.

I see Lincoln is mentioned on the window, so that would mean post 1922, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 03:30 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 09:03 pm:

Am I correct in assuming that the above photo Richard posted is a '25 with balloon tires?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 11:09 pm:

It's a '25 but I have 30x3 1/2 on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 11:40 pm:

I believe the building still exists, but is used for a completely different business. I think the original brick was concreted over.

marion

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration