HCCA- Sierra Vista winter tour - Pictures

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: HCCA- Sierra Vista winter tour - Pictures
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ward Sherwood on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 09:13 pm:

A few pictures from this afternoon. Lots of brass cars, but here are just some of the Model Ts, not all of them. Some people were still out touring around when these pictures were taken. The weather is absolute perfection.

Visited with Larry "Original" Smith, and he gave me a ride in his '13 and we visited my hideout here in Sierra Vista. His car had a carb float malfunction yesterday, but it is fixed and running fine today.

hcca

Larry's 1913 (below)

hcca

hcca

hcca

hcca

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 08:55 am:

Very thoughtful of folks to put cardboard under their T's, I'm sure the motel owners appreciated it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 06:57 pm:

Thank you for shearing these photos! What is the light blue car behind the green/black/cream colored T touring?
I hope you are all having a wonderful time!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ward Sherwood on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 08:19 pm:

Wayne:

RE: light blue car. I don't remember. I was paying way more attention to the Fords, but there were some amazing and very likely expensive early cars here.

A few more pictures from today.

hcca

hcca

hcca
hcca
hcca

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 04:27 pm:

Ward S,
I love most all early automobiles (it truly is a disease). That light blue car has me intrigued. The radiator looks quite Maxwell-esque, however the hood on the car is quite long for a Maxwell of that era. I cannot see quite enough of the car to tell what it is. There was a Maxwell six about 1914/15, however it looks too early for that.
The photos of the Ts are wonderful! Thank you very much!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Haynes on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 06:11 pm:

Looks a little like a DeDion-Bouton around the gills.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 06:14 pm:

The blue car is a 1905 Mitchell. It is behind my fathers 1910.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 09:26 pm:

If anyone out there ever wondered what Original Smith looks like, the guy sitting inside his '13 touring with the USS Raton ball cap on is me! It tough getting older, but I love this hobby more than I ever did, and I love to tour! Been doing it now for 53 years, and no end in sight!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration