North Carolina Ford Vehicle License 1925

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: North Carolina Ford Vehicle License 1925
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 10:33 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 11:07 pm:

Blaine, NC is basically a spot in the road where Blaine Rd meets NC Hwy 109 in the Uwharrie National Forest. Montgomery County was home to the first gold boom in North Carolina which was about 7 years before the gold boom in California. Gold was actually discovered in the county as early as 1832.

At one time there were 35 active gold mines in the county. Towns such as Eldorado, Ophir, Troy, all played their parts of keeping the area alive during the Depression. You can still pan for gold in the Uwharrie River.

My dad and I have toured this area extensively when I was younger looking for old abandoned houses and the abandoned Russell Mine,Steel Mine, and Coggins Mine. We found a pre 1930's bus body on the side of the road, took a picture of it, and went back 6 months later and couldn't find it again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 11:40 pm:

I have 1 for grand pals 30 model A here somewhere.
http://www.nchistoricsites.org/reed/history.html
I used to pan in the creek that runs through this property about a mile downstream from it.
I display my TT truck there on heritages days for the kids.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 11:43 pm:

My best friend is the Manager of that place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 12:42 am:

If I remember correctly, the gold in that part of the country was one reason Jackson gave the Cherokees the bum's rush.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 08:53 am:

Try this for the Reed Mine:

http://www.nchistoricsites.org/reed/reed.htm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration