Whatzit 7

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Whatzit 7
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 01:06 pm:

I was surprised that no one identified that tool below. Maybe that was my fault because I did not have very good pictures, I will try again. These are fairly common at Swap Meets and auctions. Note you can not use them on the modern part that they were meant to install. All they are good for now is wall hangers.

valve tool 1

valve tool 2

valve tool 3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 01:08 pm:

It's a photo posting misfire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 01:11 pm:

Valve grinding tool for the OEM Ford valves?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 01:15 pm:

Valve lapping tool. You can buy one on eBay now:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-Valve-Grinding-Tool-/161221833637

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 01:50 pm:

Mark Strange: You are correct!

NOTE; I know of no modern valve that you could use one of these little grinders. The original valves had holes that you could put the two points in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 01:57 pm:

No need for lapping when you have an awesome Neway valve seat cutting kit that your wife gets you for your birthday! Shoot. That plus the 11/32 guide reamer she got me and I've already completed a gorgeous valve job on my T.

70 MPH here I come! Lol ok maybe not. Just up to 45 with even more zest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 03:41 pm:

Seth:

I know what you mean, I have been using the neway for awhile they are one tool that is worth the money.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 03:41 pm:

Seth:

I know what you mean, I have been using the neway for awhile they are one tool that is worth the money.

picture

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration