Gas tank shortage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Gas tank shortage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Manlove on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 04:08 pm:

All the suppliers are backordered on the oval gas tanks with no replenishment date. Anyone know whats going on with them? Also if anyone has a good used tank I would be interested. Thanks.

Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 04:59 pm:

Don - Not sure where you are, but I have an oval tank I'm not planning on using (with straps). It's original, but looks to be in fairly good condition. PM me if you're interested; I'm in Dayton, Ohio.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 05:15 pm:

I have a good used oval tank and a new one in my stock danuser88@ktis.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 05:39 pm:

Seems like I heard talk at Chickasha a year or so ago that it was getting to be a problem getting galvanized sheet metal to manufacture the tanks.

Not sure about that but it was some type of supply problem or maybe getting the tanks galvanized after building them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 05:53 pm:

Why i have two hiding in my closet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 05:54 pm:

Yes, I'm hoarding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 05:59 pm:

Story I heard was the one guy that made them died. His apprentice took over and was trying to catch up the backorders. That was 2012--maybe he gave up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 07:13 pm:

Man that would be nice. My biggest problem to be trying to catch up with demand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 10:42 pm:

There will likely be many for sale at Chickasha, if you are close enough to go. I'll have one.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration