Swap Liquidation Sale SurfCity

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Swap Liquidation Sale SurfCity
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 08:14 pm:

This weekend, Saturday and Sunday, at Ralph Ricks house on Old Pirate Lane in Huntington Beach will be his Model T Liquidation Garage Sale. There are many hard to find T parts that Ralph has collected over the years. Lots of early Brass lights and generators. There are many, many old and new tools and some very unique items. Several test equipment stands and too much more to tell. Early heads and blocks and several sets of wheels along with wire wheels.
I hope Ralph posts here to highlite some special things we got out of two garages today.

Many of you already know that Ralph's health is not good and he wants his collection to go to good homes of fellow Ters.

See You There!
Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 08:19 pm:

Oh, Man! It's a shame that all that stuff can't make its way to Chickasha, where those of us not on the left coast could have a chance at acquiring some of it. There are plenty of you guys out there who can provide good homes for it though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 08:22 pm:

OK, I guess I'll be the one to say it. I guess the only "good homes" are those in southern CA. I obviously don't know if this was a quick decision on Ralph's part but it would have been nice if there had a been a bit more advance notice.

I great respect for Ralph and wish him only the best and don't mean for this message to be a downer for him. I'm just a bit disappointed in the timing.

Walt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel(Indiana Trucks)Star City In on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 08:34 pm:

Any chance the forum members could get a shot at some of this stuff? I think the wire wheel adapters we have for my wife's 26 touring came from Ralph a few years ago but I am not 100% on that. If you see this Ralph and remember sending them to me please let me know as my mind is not as sharp as it could be.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 09:05 pm:

How about a online forum Garage sale? Not sure how it would work but just an idea. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 09:15 pm:

No, Bob, that wasn't me.

Gene and Greg Griffin plunged into the dust and grime like True T Tyros, recovering stuff I had forgotten. Thank you guys.

Small stuff is being listed on Tbay for me by John and Julie Ginesi; wonderful people.

I'll take pix of my driveway and front yard tomorrow.

Whatever you own, also owns you. I hope to be a freer man when this is over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 10:26 pm:

What is your Ebay seller ID?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 10:31 pm:

What time?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 11:23 pm:

wow sorry to read that this has to happen but at least fellow T'rs will have a chance to carry on.
I hope to see that pointed radiator on something a T'r here has.That was the first 1 I ever saw when i got on the internet and I have allways liked it.gives a T a unique look.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 11:34 pm:

Kim, Early to late or Sunrise to sunset maybe.

Forgot to mention that there are many Metro brakes parts for someone that wants to go four wheel hyd.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 12:07 am:

GraybeardAviation

Younger son suddenly has a real interest in the T. Every time I want to go somewhere, he insists on driving. We will try to reassemble the Speedster as it was in the 2000 Greatrace, so will not be selling any of its parts. He will then decide which car to keep.

BTW, the oil sender and idiot light on tbay has only a couple of bidders, so I'll probably end it tomorrow morning. Son can have it for future spare, as the contact spring does wear out. I thought it would get more bids.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Griffin on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 12:10 am:

I'm going to the "Doughnut Derelicts" car show at Adams Ave. Doughnuts before the sale. NE corner of Adams & Magnolia in Huntington Beach, from about 6:15am to 7:30am. (I may not stay that long.) I'll be driving my 1914 runabout. The show is mostly late model/modified, but all cool cars are welcomed. If you're up and about that early, come by and join me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 12:13 am:

"... the Speedster as it was in the 2000 Greatrace..."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 12:27 am:

It will be good to see you, Kim, but about the only early parts I have are what I bought from you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 12:51 am:

The only good things in this are you will be getting to see some old friends, RD, you will be helping them out, and they will be helping you out!

Is the speedster the former incarnation of the green pickup?

All my best, Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 12:51 am:

Will try my darndest to get by. It would be a treat to meet Messrs. Ricks, Carrothers, Et al. Coming from home base at Delaware & Adams.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 12:56 am:

No worries, I couldn't come over with when Chris did do so I'll see you Saturday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dysart - SoCal on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 01:12 am:

I'll be there bright and early, well at least early.... since I'm coming from Pasadena, I'll bring my truck.

Eric

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 05:50 am:

Great your son wants to keep the T :-)
You can't tell much about the interest in an eBay auction from the number of bids until the last minutes - many uses sniping programs. The number of watchers and page visits tells more.
Hang in there - Stephen Hawkins does :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 06:11 pm:

Happy your son is taking interest in your T. I wished my sons would get interested.....at least my grandson likes going touring. He is 13 and still likes grease better than girls.....got him an old hit & miss engine that we put together a cart for. Took his engine to several local Vista antique tractor/engine meets. Trying to get him headed in the right direction.

Hang in there Ralph!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 10:38 pm:

Les I took my 13 yr old grandson to last years Montana 500 and he loved it. Even got to drive a bit. Then we went down to the SD Speedster run this past yea and the had the best time again. My finish time of course was too fast, but what do you expect from a couple of 500 racers? Hee hee
We both had a great time and one we won't forget for many years. We did a backpacking trip and I think the highlight of his trip was spotting an old relic fire truck and another old rusting car sitting along a fence row..

Would you say he's got the bug?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 01:08 am:

Staging area for a disaster:

Greg Griffen next to his '14; Ross on runningboard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 02:21 am:

If there are any leftovers will they appear in Bakersfield?

Bill

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration