Plans for the spoke presser

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Plans for the spoke presser
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph W. Rudzik on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 11:16 pm:

I am looking for the plans for the homemade spoke presser that can be built in the garage or the kitchen if the wife is tolerant.
Time has eaten on and loosened the spokes and it's time to rebuild them for safe driving.
I would appreciate a set of new plans, or being directed to an old thread.
Thanks in advance.

Joe R.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 11:37 pm:

Here's John Regan's drawing.

http://www.funprojects.com/pdf/WheelpressA2.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Godfrey on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 12:29 pm:

I put this together in about 30 min. works great and it will do any size rim https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.612987218746484.1073741841.57198783284 6423&type=3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 12:50 pm:

Like it Chuck. Eliminates the angle cuts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 01:16 pm:

Go on Youtube and watch how it's done.
Steve Jeff has alot of good stuff on there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 01:18 pm:

OOps..it's Steve Jelf Sorry bout that.
I've watched all his stuff on youtube about Model T's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 02:07 pm:

Here's the link Fred mentioned. But be sure you read the note about mistakes in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKZ7WrfHdf8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 04:55 pm:

I didnt see any notes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 05:34 pm:

When it came time to do mine I just sent the wheels to Noah Stutzman. $680 total for all four wheels, and I know they're done perfectly by a highly recommended professional. I may build a press and do a set of my own someday just to say I've done it, but for now I'm happy to farm it out to someone who knows more than me. Just my opinion though. Good luck with your spoke press, Joseph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold R Carpenter - Fair Grove, MO on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 07:29 pm:

I have used John Regan's plan for the wheel press along with Steve Jelf's idea of using a cardboard tube to hold up the spoke tent. I have done three wheels so far with very satisfactory results and a real sense of satisfaction in having done the work myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 11:44 pm:

I think the wood felloe wheels are done a little bit different. I made about 10 wood felloe wheels and with a lot of trial and error I came to putting 6 spokes in the felloe and inserting that in to the wheel, then placing the other half in to the center and pressing the second felloe in, I actually used a composition mallet. I saw an early clip in a wheel factory and that is how it was done. When driving the felloe in it didn't go in the first time, therefore the spokes had to be removed dusted on a belt sander and reinserted. Once it is started in to the rim it could be pressed the rest of the way. When finished they were in very tight.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration