Magneto contact

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Magneto contact
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 02:37 am:

Hey all,

I need to replace the triangle that hold the contact on one of my magneto rebuilds. Can I use hard wood for this or should I look for some other material??

Thanks

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 11:37 am:

I went to an old radio parts supply house and bought a piece of (spelling) amphanol cut and drilled it to replace the original. Seems to work fine for over 10 years.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 03:25 pm:

Micarta board I think is what was original. If you can't find it, pm me and I'll send you a piece. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 10:44 am:

How about fibreglass board?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 02:13 pm:

Thanks All,

Anthony Boer from the Netherlands send me a piece of PERTINAKS to make the magneto contact point.
Yesterday I bought an older coil ring 1909/10. As the contact point is about missing I am looking for a picture of a good one to build a new.

Thanks Toon for the helping hand.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 03:08 pm:

Andre,
Here is a photo of a newer style from:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/122072.html?1264263362

And the best photo I could find of the older style from:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/365451.html?1372561587

Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration