Old Photo - Ford Model T in Haunted Spooks, 1920

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Ford Model T in Haunted Spooks, 1920
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 10:47 am:

Here's the link to the movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Niqfi3GsR8E

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 12:42 pm:

I loved the way he climbed up the front of the car after he cranked it. What a way to get in!

Steven

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 02:41 am:

Harold Lloyd was fantastic!!! (But I always preferred Buster Keaton)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 10:17 am:

I'd like to have a better look at that curvy thing in front of the spring. Anybody recognize it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 04:41 pm:

Wayne - agree! Buster Keaton is my silent comic hero.

Steve - almost looks like some sort of two piece over load spring. Maybe put on there by the studio to help the car survive some of Lloyd's antics...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 05:14 pm:

Just watched the whole film Jay. Thanks for the link. Loved the scene where they were stuck behind the other car only to get around it to find out what was really going on...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 06:00 pm:

Steve,those are front shocks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 06:10 pm:

1919 California red star registration attachment on the license plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 12:46 am:

Steve,
I thought you meant the "curvy thing" in front of the spring hanging the pot off the eave of the shack.

Yes, those are H&D type shock absorbers. They were made by at least a dozen different companies in the USA, Europe and Australia. They have been discussed on the forum before, however no real resolution to their history other than a lot of different companies made them and most versions have no maker's name on them at all. Many years ago, I had a set that were genuine H&D company. I wish I had not sold them. I have seen many of the shock absorbers since, however never another nearly complete set with the H&D name on them.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Adams on Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 11:42 pm:

Harold Lloyd. "Get Out and Get and Get Under"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1-kR7o34cA 25 min
Move progress button up to about 4 min 30 sec to get to Model T part.
Gene

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration