Heavy Pistons and Rods

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Heavy Pistons and Rods
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indianapolis on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 02:26 pm:

I found this set of pistons and heavy rods while scrapping out pistons and keeping rods cores to reduce some of my accumulation of excess junk parts.

It may be hard to tell from the picture, but these pistons are really heavy. They're attached to heavy rods. The pistons use the 1/4" rings all above the wrist pins. The wrist pins are shorter than a normal T pin. Just curious if anyone has seen these in use or what purpose they were for?

Stationary Engine? TT?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 03:03 pm:

They make excellent magnet testers. I believe they are at least 2 1/4 lbs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 03:05 pm:

Stationary engine application?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 03:29 pm:

The flat top pistons with the oil ring above the wrist pin were used in 09 and 10 for sure, how much later I don't know. The rods are later than 10. Wrist pins are later too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 04:14 pm:

Rare enough that they should be kept, not scrapped. (You could send them to me? I save way too much stuff anyway.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 04:35 pm:

If the rods have cast in dippers in the cap, I'd like to buy them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indianapolis on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 07:21 am:

Kim, the rods did not have the dippers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 07:31 am:

"Heavy Pistons and Rods"

Kenny, The older we get the heavier everything gets!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 09:09 am:

I second that one Dennis! Certain meds don't help either.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration