Best source for wooden felloe 30 x 3 1/2 wheels?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Best source for wooden felloe 30 x 3 1/2 wheels?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 07:38 pm:

Here in NS they are as rare as hens teeth, so to speak. Where would be the best place to pick up a set?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 07:58 pm:

I dont know what the shipping cost for you would be but Stutzman's is the beat I know of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 09:03 pm:

Shipping isn't too much of an issue, have friends in Maine. Does Stuzmans just sell them outright, or do you have to supply hubs and felloes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 09:06 pm:

I do know that Johnsons wood wheels sells them outright, they did for me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 09:10 pm:

just google johnsons wood wheels, they have a nice site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 09:38 pm:

I like Calimers in Pennsylvania.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 08:09 am:

Stutzman's. Hands down!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince Altieri.... Greensburg, PA on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 09:31 am:

I've had wheels made by Calimer and Stutzman. Both make high quality wheels and you will not be disappointed with the finished product. The edge goes to Stutzman on price and turn around time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 11:29 am:

The question seems to come up regularly, so I've made a list. All these have been recommended by satisfied customers on this forum. I bought spokes from Stutzman and was delighted with the price, quality, and prompt service.

Calimer's Wheel Shop
30 East North St.
Waynesboro, PA 17268
(717) 762-5056
http://www.calimerswheelshop.com/

Johnson's Wood Wheels
300 Ingleside Drive*
Admore, Ok 73401
(580) 220-1001
http://www.woodwheels.com/
*Mail only; contact for shipping address

Stutzman Wheel
33656 County Rd 12
Baltic, OH 43804
(330) 897-1391

Vintage Wheel Shop
George Garrigan
19842 Via Redondo
Sonora, CA 95370
(209) 533-0468

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 11:32 am:

OOooops! That's what happens when you copy and paste without careful checking. That town in Oklahoma is Ardmore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil McKay on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 03:01 pm:

Rob: In answer to your question...

The Stutzman shop does not sell wheels outright.

However...last fall, I ordered 4 new clincher rims from American Vintage Rim and them shipped to Stutzman. I also sent Stutzman 2 used front and rear hubs that I had cleaned up and primed. The Stutzman shop took it from there to provide me with 4 wood felloe wheels that were "new" except for the hubs and brake drums. (New drums are available). The 4 wheels fit my 1913 Ford.

The Stutzman Shop provides superior workmanship, very competitive pricing, and excellent turnaround time. Noah Stutzman gave me a fascinating tour of their shop when I picked up the wheels on October 7th.

For American Vintage Rims, see http://www.americanvintagerims.com/

McLaren Manufacturing Co. has morphed into American Vintage Rim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 03:28 pm:

Bill Calimer is my guy too. Good wheels, good price.
David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Whitaker on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 08:31 am:

I think it should be easier than one might think. Just do what Neil suggested. Just buy new rims (non-demountable clincher rims aren't that expensive) and then just send them off to Stutzmans or whoever you'd like and have them put the wood in them for you.

The only thing you'd need to get are the hubs, and I'm sure many around here have some lying around that they'd happily sell to you. Tbay is always a great resource as well.

Then, you'll have four practically new wheels!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 09:18 am:

I have had 2 sets of wheels done for me for my 1919 Roadster and 24 Coupe. They were done by Anderson's Wood Wheels.
I must say the quality was excellent. The wheels were balanced and were spot on.
The prices and workmanship were 2nd to none.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 10:30 am:

John, did you encounter any extra expense/hassle shipping to/from Canada?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration