OT Private browsing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT Private browsing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 07:39 pm:

Getting tired of all the side ads (from previous browsing)crowding the page when I checked in on various sites I checked the Kim Komando site and found I can get some relief by hitting CTRL+Shift+P. "InPrivate" will show on your header. Time will tell how effective this works.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 07:46 pm:

or, clear the history - removes the cookies which invite the ads to your computer..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 10:18 pm:

You must have some sort of virus Gary. No ads on this site ever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 10:20 pm:

You don't have to go that extreme.
In IE, when you're done surfing, hit CTRL, SHIFT & DELETE simultaneously in any browser window.
Leave ONLY the top box UNchecked and hit the DELETE button.
The first time you do it it'll probably take a while to wipe out your browser cache but it WILL go POOF....... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 09:39 am:

I use Firefox with AdBlock+ and Ghostery add ons...
With AdBlock+ I never see an ad anywhere on the internet ever.
Ghostery blocks all tracking cookies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 11:54 am:

Royce, Correct. No ads on this site but plenty on others. Looking at "AuctionZip.com" I had about three ads for other nonrelated items I had browsed for lately. When using "InPrivate" no ads.

There are some advantages to keeping browsing history. Look at "About deleting browsing history" when following Craig's instruction. It will also describe "Private Browsing" better than I can.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration