Old Photos- 7 photos same car during a long drive 1922?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photos- 7 photos same car during a long drive 1922?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 07:11 pm:

The seven photos below are all held at the State Library of South Australia. I was fortunate enough to find some of them grouped together, but I am sure that I have found another one or two, and posted them a year or so ago. The car is interesting, and if the trip was in 1922, then the car was about 7 years old at the time.

Caption- "T model Ford car no. 15938 owned by Mr Colyer of Currie Street, Adelaide 1922'"

Caption- "T model Ford. Car no. 15938 owned by Mr Colyer of Currie Street, Adelaide in 1922. Pictured outside J. Fogarty and Co. store in Alice Springs"

Caption "'Mount Gillen police station. Bill Siegaman at right'. Features T model Ford car no. 15938 owned by Mr Colyer of Currie Street, Adelaide"

Caption- "'Mr Collyer's T model Ford no. 15938'"

Caption- "A T model ford with three men and a dog 'taken in front of [the Stuart Arms] Hotel'"

Caption-"OODNADATTA. Vintage car transport for a visiting group of men to the far north. The car is a 1915 or 1916 Ford Model T. The same car as in photo B58228."

I have checked newspapers for 1922 and 1923, but so far have found nothing to link with these photographs. I am sure that some of the captions are not particularly accurate.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration