RDRick's T Garage Sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: RDRick's T Garage Sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 10:50 pm:

Gene Rd's son

RD's favorite water pumps

Muffler bears for Steve Jelf ???

Heads anybody ??

wheels

more stuff

block with custom center main bracing

If you guys see anything you are interested in contact RD or Gene Corrothers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 10:55 pm:

My son would love to buy the rear butter fly irons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 11:25 pm:

Jack, sent PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Williams on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 11:29 pm:

was that a T block with an A crankshaft?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 11:37 pm:

T block with Chevy crank I was told...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Williams on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 12:55 am:

Thats nice also. Hope that gets a good home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 02:16 am:

The A crank has 3 cracks in #4 journal; 5 cracks in block: valve to cyl.

As you can see, everything was just hauled out and dropped. It took Gene, Greg Griffin and younger son 3 days to haul it out. Gene and Greg stayed with me all day.

Sales were good today, but it looks like hardly anything is missing.

The day started off with a splash - of my celfone into a glass of milk. It's being dried in rice.

Then Chewbaca bit my stomach tube through my coveralls, and made the retaining balloon lose pressure. 3 hours at ER tonight for nothing. Have to make appt. on Monday to replace the tube - again.

I can't find the rear body brackets that go to the 1911 frame I'm trying to sell. Now that Jack found another pair in my stuff, I'm out of trouble. Thanks, guys.

Gene promised to be back for more tomorrow, and Greg will come after work. What guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 02:43 am:

Gee I wish I were about five hours closer. I see a bunch of parts I could sure use.

Most important thing though, RDR, you take care of you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 08:59 am:

I would give 100 dollars for the yellow speedster. (as long as it comes with the wheels) nice looking car ... wish you were closer, stuff there I would probably buy, but too big to ship.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 09:17 am:

Ralph,

Hang in there and don't over do things. I'm glad you have the help.

George,

Thanks for posting the photos.

Any you folks near by -- please support. Some of us are a few days drive away or we would gladly stop by.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Gorman on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 09:40 am:

What is the address?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 09:43 am:

Ralph,

Wish I were there to browse, kick the tires, and harass you. As Hap says, hang in there. I'll see you at Bakersfield....

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 09:59 am:

5362 Old Pirate (Dr)
Huntington Beach 92649

Kim was my first customer yesterday, and among other things, he even bought back a 1912 steering column he had sold me a few years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Gorman on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 10:21 am:

Thanks
On our way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 10:32 am:

I want the WATERPUMPS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 08:01 pm:

That center main bracing, Can that be done to any of the mains on any block? i like the idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Gorman on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 08:55 pm:

Thanks Ralph and Gene for the help this morning. Our son was very excited to see the Langbein Auxiliary transmission when we got home, hope to have it on the speedster soon.

Hopefully the fog cleared and business picked up for you both. When you are on this side of the 605 look us up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 01:13 am:

We had a great time with you guys this morning. I hope the Langbein works out for you. What a lucky son you have!

There's so many things that I know some T guys could use and we hate to see these parts lost.

Today we packed up a set of front Metro brakes going to AK and convinced another speedster builder in Orange Ca. to use the rest of a nearly complete set.

There is another Langbein Aux tranny for a TT and another earlier model for a car. RDR has several Rambler trannys also but the downside to them is that added weight to the fourth main.

We're putting things in the scrap pile tomorrow and maybe a select pile for Bakersfield.

Thanks to everyone that showed and found things to take home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 02:31 am:

Excuse me? A what pile? take it all to a swapmeet & price at $1 each instead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 02:45 am:

I'm glad my pics were able to stir up some more sales, Most of the stuff was much more earlier then my car, but I did find a few interesting bits and I got a nice running board box and trans band tool for Martin Vowell. The high-lite of my visit was a flyover by a pair of FA-18 Hornets, very loud and coowal factor 9 .
George n L.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 10:03 am:

Are high heads worth more than a dime a pound?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 10:39 am:

I read this post with mixed emotions. It's sad and glad emotions.

I am sad to see that Ralph has to reduce his involvement with the old car hobby but glad to see that he thinks enough of everyone else to share his treasures and knowledge.

"Keep strong and keep truckin in the yellow machine"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 11:41 am:

I chime in with Seth's comments. Well said!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 11:59 am:

Ralph,

I also have 5 or more high heads....what should I do with them? Hate to scrap them, you drag them to a swap meet and they follow you home. I laugh at the prices that some folks ask for them on E-bay. The high compression pistons work best with a low head. Some guy's collect water pumps...let me know if you find someone that collects high heads. Could use them to construct the walls for a Model T work shop vice, cinder block. Smile!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 01:17 pm:

What is wrong with high heads? i can't understand why people hate them so much. You should see the one i dragged home. i do not have a photo of it but if i did i would show you & you would all laugh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 01:24 pm:

I used to sell them $15 a piece--there are places in this country where any good head is hard to find (no, not talking about politician's heads--a good one there is RARE!)
Any good T part is worth passing on, not scrapping!
Just call me "Hoarder Dave"
DD.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 08:44 pm:

Surprise a great day at the RDR sale today!

All the green demountable wheels complete with hubs and early brass caps are sold and I'll be delivering them down south on Saturday.

The '18 original stationary engine with its hogshead, pan, magneto and a few other things are happy at a new home. Ralph was delighted to send the cracked Model A crank and block, the red race engine block and another 26/7 block all in a sweet package deal. I believe everyone was happy with the deal especially me cause I was next in line with no room.. It was a sight for a picture with the four T blocks on the trailer hitch carrier going down Old Pirate.

Two other young long haired guys came walking up and wanted to know how much for the "bell housing". They learned about a hogshead and bought several misc parts and lights to start their own model T project. I informed them about our two local clubs and to check out the T forum for info when they start to assemble their car. They were really nice guys and got some good deals.

Our local Long Beach T President Jeff Hood found many neat things and a near new tranny jack. Thanks Jeff for your help today!

There is still a driveway full of good T parts so please continue to let your friends know if they need anything to contact Ralph or myself. We're now trying to assemble parts that will sell at Bakersfield and sort out a scrap pile. Some nice 914 / VW things are in the free pile.

Thanks to everyone for supporting Ralph during this difficult time

Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 08:56 pm:

I asked by never heard back about a high tension magneto - Bosch DU-4 or similar - or if there is a magneto drive unit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 11:18 pm:

You're a good man, Gene.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 12:36 am:

Sorry, Seth. There's a Bosch 6 cyl magneto only.

I'm in the company of Great Guys! . . Greg and Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 07:11 am:

No problem! Just thought I'd ask again. I figured it was probably busy and hectic trying to get all of that stuff out for everyone to see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 11:43 am:

Ralph,

That's a nice photo. Looks like it was a good day. No matter what our troubles, good friends make any day better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 11:47 am:

Hey Seth, the part that slowed us down was we had to always stop and ask to hear the story with each piece. Ralph remembers all the details like it was put on a computer. I told him that I want his brain when he's done with it. BTW he has some very good knees.... lots of other parts.

I'll miss him someday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 12:38 am:

The pile is down, but not gone. I just put an ad on CL for the rest of the treasures. Since the stuff still isn't put away, the garage sale continues at a slow pace.
----------
Tuesday when the medics replaced my stomach tube that had been deflated by Chewbaca, they called in Parrotonitis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 12:46 am:

Ralph,
That's a good one.

For the mag:
546 224th Road
Milford NE, 68405

I thought I'd put it on the forum in case anyone else wishes to send treasures :-)

Thanks,

Rob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration