Snow

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Snow
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 04:15 am:

another foot of snow means another excuse to clean
my tires. Nice fresh white snow better than
armaral.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 07:30 pm:

I feel for ya Sam. It seems either you get what we got and even worse, or the snow swoops down beneath northern Ohio anyway and zooms up the east coast, sucks up the Atlantic moisture, and dumps it on you. This is a winter to remember for sure. Summer will probably be so dang hot and dry we'll wither away!
I do think we're in for a long run of tough winters to come though. The last 20 years or so of mild winters are done. And the "climate change" is making everything more extreme than we're used to. Going to be the "new normal" for a long time I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 08:55 pm:

This is the most unusual winter for us in Nashville and surrounding towns.....Everyone has got snow but us.....It has even been on our local news about people saying we are living in a dome....Which we aren't....but it would seem as though we are....Above us, both sides and below has all got plenty of snow and we can't even get an inch.....Grand kids haven't built one snowman yet.....Deep down I'm glad, but I sure wouldn't tell that to the grand kids....they have their sleds all soaped up and ready like kids should be.....I can sure start to fell my age.....but it's fun to watch and listen to them....I remember, as a kid, when we would go out and play in the snow and get so cold mom would call us in and make us hot chocolate. We would get in such a hurry to get back outside we would iron our socks dry rather than putting them beside the wood stove.... Now that was the good old days....I think.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 09:36 pm:

Sam, I sure noticed that after my last drive in the snow my tires never looked better. Makes them look brand new again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 03:04 pm:

Since this one was supposed to be a New England south shore storm, so when some friends invited us to visit their place just north of N Conway NH in the White Mountaind we accepted.

This poor square guy was placed in a hexagon house and over two days I was completely lost.
I couldn't figure out where because the only right angles were between the floor and walls but the view was fantastic.

This is out the front window - we had to drive across the covered bridge to get to the house.

Here is another picture of the view. The clouds on the left obscure MT Washington.
At times the clouds thinned a bit and we could barely see the shape

And here is my grand daughter having fun in the snow!
I was a bit concerned about the steep drop to the river but I was told that the the snow would cushion any fall.
She ahad a great time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 03:52 pm:

SNOW, what is that??? We have had a little sleet and freezing rain a few time, but it was mostly gone by noon. Those mornings did look nice with the almost white look. There was one day back in December where some of these non-experienced drivers checked out the ditches. (Ice on some bridges)
I am retired and stayed off the roads when there was any sign of ice.
This past week end and today, the temperature is in the mid 70 degree range. NICE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 04:21 pm:

We might get a little of that white stuff now and again that lasts a couple days but we don't get hurricanes!
You can just keep them things down where you are!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 04:31 pm:

I have it figured out! The north pole has shifted to about where the great lakes are and California is now in the former position of the Sahara desert and South America is now in the desert as well. The south pole has moved north and England is now where Oregon used to be.

Global warming is now over and we are starting into another ice age.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 05:22 pm:

Norman -- It is not global warming -

It is now officially climate change.

When I was in school we all knew about climate change!
It was warm in the summer and cold in the winter.
And it changed on a regular basis.

I wonder why they don't teach that in school anymore.
I guess some people are just a bit late in realizing the fundamentals of nature!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 07:28 pm:

Millions of years ago the great lakes actually were the equator, but you'd never know it now! And it's snowing to beat the band right now here in good ol' Ohio....you'll be seeing it soon enough Sam!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 11:41 pm:

About six billion years ago, the Earth was formed by the collapsing gasses residuals from the earlier big bang.
The climate has been changing ever since.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 03:35 am:

Here in the State of Washington, we have palm tree fossils in Bellingham Bay, which is about 30 miles from the Canadian border! "Google" - "palm trees bellingham bay",....you'll see!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 11:10 am:

Many years ago my house location was under hundreds of feet of water backed up by a glacial ice dam. It was called lake Missoula. This happened several times thanks to global warming and cooling. This is lost on the climate change crowd. The climate has always changed. At one time the ice caps almost reached the equator! PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 11:24 am:

I did not know they had cars 6 billion years ago.
Since we keep hearing that cars are what causes climate change, I guess they must have had them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 11:40 am:

It snowed again last night but i'm not going to say anything to why,i'm just going to use the backhoe. Bud in Wheeler.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration