Chickasha March Swap Meet - Post what you need here

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Chickasha March Swap Meet - Post what you need here
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 04:40 am:

It might help some members to post what they are looking for or need to find at the March Chickasha Swap Meet in one place ... :-)

Chickasha Pre-War Swap Meet information

@ http://www.pwsm.com/Info.htm

If you need something - try posting on this thread - maybe another member will see your post

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 08:49 am:

#1 Tan Top Boot and Tan Gypsy Curtains for 1927 touring. #2 Want original speedster body in any condition, rough is OK. #3 Running Board kitchen. I have a complete Warford trans setup with trans support,shortened driveshaft and radius rods for a TT 750.00 or trade. Also: I have a nice black top boot that Ill trade for a tan one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 08:51 am:

Forgot to say that the Warford is a Cast Iron Warford ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 10:10 am:

It said, "Post what you need here".
One word would answer that "MONEY"
That would solve most of the other needs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 11:05 am:

I need a cheap plane ticket! Haven't found a thing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 11:32 am:

Larry -- Hitch a ride with Bailey and chip in some gas money. He's driving to the meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 11:54 am:

Anyone have any parts for a 1903 Ford?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 12:18 pm:

I need a new project car. Seriously.

Pref. brass era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 12:20 pm:

Larry, It depends where you are flying out of. Southwest Airlines flies to OKC Will Rogers via Phoenix from LAX, Burbank, Ontario, and Santa Anna. I checked yesterday for George Clipner and as of now, the half price "Wanna Get Away" fares are still available on some flight times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 12:44 pm:

Michael, lots of projects. Not so many brass ones, but you may find one or two.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 01:27 pm:

A hot blonde and a cold beer.

Oh yea and some brown canvas side curtains for my '27 Touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 02:47 pm:

Steve;
Is that '15 the one u bought

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 03:11 pm:

Nope, mine's a roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 03:26 pm:

Oh, OK. I"m sure that one sold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 03:51 pm:

Iv got a 15 Smith Form A Truck project that Im going to sell this summer. Best offer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Memmelaar Jr on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 04:57 pm:

Pair of nice sidelights for a '15 roadster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Carter - South Jersey on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 05:02 pm:

I'm looking for an original set of splash shields for a 1913-1916.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Haynes on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 05:39 pm:

Hello Herb,
I have the brass trim that is on the outside of the front seats for a 1903 Ford. They are reproduction. If you are interested let me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Markham on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 05:53 pm:

I'm looking for 2 ,30x 3 1/2 tires

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 05:55 pm:

John M. -- I'll probably take a nice pair of '15 cowl lamps. I have two pairs of them; I shouldn't need more than one pair and need the money. I'll be with John Steele, Uncle Jack, and Dan Conder at the spaces formerly occupied by all the above and Stan Howe. (They're actually Uncle Stan's spaces, but he's moving inside this year.) They're located midway between the two buildings, right along the sidewalk at the "tee".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 09:29 pm:

Get away from the wife for a couple days

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 09:35 pm:

Finding a couple of tires should be no problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 04:21 am:

Anybody need 26-27 coupe, roadster, pickup rear fenders; left rear 26-27 sedan touring rear fender; 26-27 coupe decklids; used roller 21" tires; misc. flathead V8 parts incl. wheel cylinders; 26-27 front bumper brackets; bumper bars; 1927 coupe trunk floor pan; 1932 v8 tall water pumps; much more, mainly 26-27 T. What are your needs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 04:25 am:

Forgot, aluminum Warford transmission. Excellent usable condition, two shifter tops with shift levers. One with original ball.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 10:04 am:

I have an acquaintance that needs a pair of headlights for a 1933 Plymouth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 08:08 pm:

Hey guys. Got some old fallen apart T coils with boxes that are worthless? I still want them and will take all you can bring - this is your chance to clean out the barn. Bring the good coils to Ron but bring me the junk ones if you have the room.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyler searle on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 08:09 am:

I'll be looking for a GOOD 26/27 frame if anyone has one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 02:22 pm:

I'll be looking for some AC Speedometer's, AC speedo-cable, swivel gear and wheel gear. And possibly some NOS nickel plated headlight rings or some really good original ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 02:25 pm:

And some 1926 Tennessee license plates. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bird on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 02:31 pm:

Anyone going to Chickasaw that is from the Ohio area. I'm purchasing some parts and need a ride back to Ohio for them (the parts) Small parts (rear cross member and fender running board brackets). Send me a msg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 02:59 pm:

If anyone who is going is willing to look for me I'd appreciate it:

#1: any magneto drive units - like the Bosch Front Plate Drive (http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/371536.html?1373403034) and I've also seen where there are different styles that mount the magneto different ways. Anyway, anything like that I'm interested in getting.

Any type of dual spark magneto or distributor - I'm looking for a nifty period-correct way to run a Rajo BB head. Something like the Delco Remy distributor on the Joe Gemsa engine Mark Chaffin just restored.

Anyway! If someone is going and willing to look for me, send me a PM - I'll provide my phone number so you call or text either while you're looking at it or after you've bought it and I can send a check or paypal. Cell phone pics would be primo so I can give a quick yea or nay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 09:55 pm:

Looking for 6 volt yellow lens fog lights in the 5-6 inch range. Can be chrome if in good condition or paintable housing. No new stuff.
Everything I need to convert an engine with a distrubtor back to a coil system. Coils I have. Like the front engine cover, coil box (1924-25), timer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 11:57 pm:

Hey Tyrone, sent you a PM about coil box. I basically have everything you need. I didn't think about until now but I can even sell you my magneto ring, it just needs to be rebuilt. I have everything except coils and a front plate for you! Lol, email me and let's make a deal!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 02:18 am:

Hi,

At the moment I just need one item. I'm looking for the choke pull rod with the knob that fits in the dash/firewall. I need one that has a pressed STEEL knob not the common aluminum repro or original knob. If anyone has or finds one please PM me.

Thanks, Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 04:13 am:

Tyrone; PM me with your address, I'll send you the front cover, you can mail me the cost for the shipping. You need the one for a generator motor, correct? I've got a few, and my cars are early, can't use them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 05:20 am:

High radiator hood. Just the top for the speedster. Body to frame brackets. Random nuts and bolts for connecting the drivetrain to itself. handbrake lever. But I just blew my toy budget on vet bills. Nice to think about though, keeps ya going.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 06:20 am:

I will be buying good coil cores with good boxes.
Please stop by at our booth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John L Williams on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 04:01 pm:

HI From Cold In Iowa! I'm still looking for one of those rear end rebuilding stands like the garages used. Also I have room for parts or car to bring from upper Midwest Iowa area to the swap! Let me know Thanks John cell 319-573-8629

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 08:39 pm:

Hey John Regan,
What are you and Ron paying for the junk and tested good coils?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 09:55 pm:

Same question asked of Brent. Probably a lot of us, including myself, have used coils we'd like to turn into pocket change. Also will you guys (Ron and Brent) have the necessary testing equipment to separate the good, bad, and the ugly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 10:02 pm:

I know that this is a post what you need, thread, and I know this Chickasha meet is supposed to be pre-war, only. I have some post war stuff I am going to bring, but keep in my trailer. It will not be set out so if there is something 60ish that you are needing, PM me before the meet and I'll tell you want I've got and will bring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 10:19 pm:

Terry they sell a tester for coils John Regan builds them, even I have one and I also sell them, otherwise its a shot in the dark not knowing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 06:41 am:

Now that you remind me, I've got one. Never used it. Now if I can figure out how it works/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 09:49 am:

Terry, the coil beeper is very easy to use, just make contact with the two side terminals on a coil and it'll beep if the secondary winding is OK. Owners manual online here: http://www.funprojects.com/pdf/CT-2.pdf
The unit here: http://www.funprojects.com/products/ct-2.cfm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 11:54 am:

I need for diesel fuel to stop going up. Looking for some at a dollar a gal. :-) Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 12:29 pm:

I am looking for the vertical brace that the spare tire carrier bolts to on a 1926 Coupe. This is the brace that is beneath the skin that is below the rear deck lid.

Let me know if you have one. Thanks.

26 Coupe Rear Brace

Sorry for the size of the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 05:58 pm:

I need all you folks going to look for a spare 23" clincher Michelin steel disc wheel - like this one for a spare ! Finder's fee gladly paid !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 07:11 pm:

One of my favorite sayings is: "when you look at a Model T coil and I look at a Model T coil, we both see two entirely different things".
If a Ford script coil has a fundamentally sound wood case and top hardware, a successful FunProjects coil beeper will tell you there is a 90% chance it will make it through the rebuilding process. There is another 2-5% of 90% that will not make it through the rebuilding process because of latent not readily discernible faults. Coils, that meet this criteria, with very nice wood cases command more and aftermarket coils somewhat less because of the lesser quality and higher latent fault rate.
In over twenty-five years of buying used coils I learned long ago not to make offers sight unseen. I much prefer to personally view the coils and discuss them with the owner. Their may be minor differences of opinion which can be easily be resolved and a reasonable price agreed.
You will find the guys who deal in used coils all the time; Ron the Coilman, The Coil Doctor and FunProjects to be equally discerning and very competitive in buying price.
Bring the used coils you have no need for to Chickasha and let's make a deal?
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 10:39 pm:

I pay $2 each for junk box coils so long as they "beep" and I will bring my beeper for sure. I buy the coil even if the box has missing parts but I do lose about half of them in the hi pot testings and temperature cycling process to make sure the windings are good. Makes it hard to have them shipped to me since half of them are gonna get tossed but I figure most of you guys have a bunch of really ugly junk ones that you might as well turn in for some breakfast money and then those coils have the best odds of getting somebodies T back on the road rather than tossing them away. Ron gets first pick and pays the top dollars for rebuildable ones and I get the dredges but all that can be bought get bought and taken home to maybe live another day - but they have to pass a lot of testing to make it out the door again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 10:43 pm:

I am looking for a set of 1916 Roadster Top sockets in decent shape. I have some perfect repro ones but my son's 1916 Roadster is too nice to restore and it has the wrong later type sockets on it so hoping to find some that only need to have some repair work done on them since we don't want to restore the car. It still has original upholstery in it. If you are bringing this item please contact me ahead of time. Been seeking this item for a very long time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman Haley on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 11:47 pm:

1926 - 1927 Model T Coupe Trunk Lid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman Haley on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 11:49 pm:

1927 - 1927 Model T Coupe Trunk Lid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 03:45 am:

I have a '23 touring that is very complete except for the top. I do have a very nice set of used top bows for the car, but as far as top material, I have none. As I do not plan on restoring the car, I do not want to put a new top on it. I am wondering if it would be possible to obtain a worn and weathered top from someone who has put a new top on their touring. From what little I have learned about Model T tops, it seems to me that it would be just about impossible to remove an old top from the top bows without ruining the old top. Maybe that is why I have never received any response from anyone in regard to having an old worn and weathered but still serviceable top for a '23 touring for sale.

Anyone have such a thing (old worn top) that they could sell me at Chickasha? Thanx,.........harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 09:12 am:

i have a very good dayton 54 spoke pin drive hub i would like to trade for a 48 spoke to match my others. thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 09:20 am:

I need a Rear fender bracket for a 1910. I don't know if they are side specific but if so for the left (passenger) side. Also need top bows for a 1910 Tourabout.

Also, if anyone needs anything hauled back to western Iowa, as of now we have an empty 18 foot open trailer. 712-301-7172

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 09:26 am:

Also, if anyone needs pans or hogsheads, let me know. I have them but don't want to bring all the way there and then haul them home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 09:46 am:

Harold

Putting on an old top cover is a bit of a chore, and you can't expect the job to look or function like a new top. The rear curtain is cut to fit and the top front bow is cut to fit, so you are left with just a frail amount of top covering over a different set of bows than that top cover was cut to fit.

I did this on a '23 using a runabout top cover that came off a '24-'25, so got lucky with the amount of 'left over' material hanging on the rear and front.

Will bring along a complete '25 touring top, and you can look it over at Chickasha if you want too, used, but made with the long grain cobra, sorta like the Model A stuff, its about 15yr old, but kinda good shape, but you have to guess if there is enough material left at the critical points. PM me if you want me to bring this top cover, and for my cell phone contact at Chickasha.

'24-'25 used touring top cover, Cobra grain, with new top pads

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brendan Doughty on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 04:08 pm:

I will be in spaces NB 4,5. I will have restored 13-14, 15-16, 26-27, and Fordson coil boxes, large drum Rocky Mountains, Alum. case Warford, Mod. A horns, rod alignment jig etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 10:36 am:

$2.00 for coils! I think ill take mine to a farm auction the gas engine guys always pay $10.00&they don't seem to care if they work or not.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 10:58 am:

Charley
Only someone who left their brain at home when their body attended the farm auction would pay $10 for the coil John Regan described above.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 02:11 pm:

good luck!!at the auction they don't have to beep, in other words work!!!!.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 08:13 pm:

Charley: I do the same thing with my junk coils. I take them to my local auction barn when I have a table of misc. old antique stuff to sell. I only take 2 or 3 at a time. The people who buy them do not care if they work or not. They just want an old item to put on a shelf. Junk boxes that do not beep always bring 10 to 15 each. Sometimes more. If they beep I rebuild them myself. I do appreciate all the rebuilders who build them for others who do not build there own. If I was to bring any to Chickasha I would guarantee them to not beep.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 09:28 pm:

the problem I have with selling coil cores are they want to give u 10 on a good day, but charge u 30 if u don't have one for coils, give u 30 for a starter core charge u 60 if u don't have one, , give u 10 for a mag plate or charge u 50 if u don't have one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 12:06 am:

Inflation, Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 07:59 am:

gonna have to pull the copper off a mag plate and weigh it up for scrap just to see what its worth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 09:10 am:

They buy them cheap cause they tell you its no good. Then sell it high when they sell it cause its old and collectible? Just like a used car salesmen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 10:07 am:

The reason for buying low is to make enough money to make it worthwhile being in business. The reason for the high core charge is to encourage people to provide a core. If they don't have cores coming in, they're out of business.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 12:08 pm:

I offer the cores to my customers for what I have in them. I chose not to make money on the core, rather making money on the rebuild. Occasionally when a bad core comes in with a set of rebuilds, I just replace the core for $10.00 and still maintain the sale of 4 coils rather than losing on the bad unit.I return the bad core for the customer to dispose of. The rationale for this is to be certain the customer knows I replaced his bad unit. I do also mark the bad returned unit so that it can't be sold as a rebuildable core. Maybe it's not a good business decision, but I'm comfortable with running my business this way. I do however, encourage the customer to send me his units for rebuild. Good cores are getting harder to find on an ongoing basis.
Respectfully submitted,
Brent
The Coil Doctor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 12:25 pm:

We should all be very thankful we have folks who can rebuild these old electrical components. Without them we would be up the proverbial creek!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 01:09 pm:

Enuf with the thread drift... :-)

I keep looking to see if my diminished hoard has anything of particular value.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 02:16 pm:

Brent,

I for one appreciate the way you do this.
Saves time and money IMHO.
Thanks again.
Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 11:25 am:

I am in need of:

A very good driving plate that correctly fits the 1925-1927 service replacement narrow (09-25 style) brake drum with the replaceable lug shoes. (It has the outside diameter of the 1909-25 driving plate, but the bolt circle of the 1926-27 driving plate). Email if you have one!

I would prefer one that hasn't been "fooled-around-with" or machined in any way. Don't sandblast it or try to make it "pretty". Light pitting on the shaft may be okay. If the rivets aren't tight, I would prefer you leave the loose rivets alone and don't try to re-tighten them.

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy Mathis, Van Buren, AR on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 03:53 pm:

Adam, I think you answered a question I have been trying to find the answer to for some time. My transmission was rebuilt in my 1921 last winter and the machinist said the driving plate rivets were loose and wanted me to get another plate. I got one from a friend in our club but the holes in the "bolt circle" you mentioned above didn't match the holes in the brake drum (my brake drum has the replaceable lug shoes). The machinist elongated the holes in the plate to match the holes in the brake drum and it works fine. We looked for different part numbers for possible different plates but found none. I think the one I used was the type you are looking for. Thanks for the info, sorry I don't have another.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 03:30 pm:

Is anyone from the Southern California area going to Chickasha swap meet in March that would be interested in bringing back some patterns? We could work out some form of payment for your time and trouble. Please let me know by sending a personal message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 06:00 pm:

How big or heavy is the pattern? George Clipner from L.A. is going with me. He is flying into Houston round trip and if the pattern is too big or heavy to take on plane, we could ship it by fedEx. Terry Woods

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 11:58 pm:

I received a few e-mail messages offering assistance. Thank you very much! Bailey Rettig was kind enough to help me out. Thanks Bailey!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 12:50 am:

I wanted to go so bad this year,but due to some serious medical issues I probably won't be able to come. I must undergo some Chemo/radiation and surgery to get rid of an esophageal Cancer. Maybe next year. you all have fun for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 12:55 am:

I hate to see that. It seems a lot of us are getting carved up lately. Hope to see you next year if not before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 01:14 am:

Get it done asap, Jack. It's fast moving. I have a friend in Ill. that has been through it two years ago.

Wishing you the best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 08:48 am:

We'll miss you there, Uncle Jack! I had to miss going to Chickasha last year, and I somehow survived it. Just do what the doctors tell you to, so we can see you there next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 11:10 am:

Looking for KRW Model T and A Main Bearing Boring bars. I am looking for the fixed cutter bars, with or with out the frame. This is NOT the Main Bearing Reamer, but I will take some of them also. Going to have a Model T main bearing pouring jig made by Universal there for sale. PM me if you have this or want the fixture. Thanks, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 04:59 pm:

All I need in Chickasha is ME. It's just fun to be there.

Get well Jack D.!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 09:43 pm:

Jack, I too hate to hear that. As you no doubt saw my posts about my daughter and her fight with cancer, we have been having a tough time also. She had a very good report and is now mending well. I sincerely hope you have the same outcome. We aren't done with you yet! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 10:14 pm:

Darn it Jack, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out for ya and your back next year. God bless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 11:57 pm:

TAKE CARE OF YOU, Jack D.
Some day I hope to find me in Chickasha.
Drive carefully, and enjoy all of you! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 12:16 am:

Jack,

Dang it, I will miss seeing you this year! I haven't actually needed any T parts for several years. For me Chickasha is more about seeing T and EFR friends. That is why I go. I hope that I will see you next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 03:59 am:

Jack, I forgot to say, keep us posted! Take care and good luck. We are all pulling for you. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dylan Thomas Wills on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 12:10 am:

Does anyone have spare spring leafs? I need a leaf for my '14s tapered front spring. The leaf I need is (Obviously, tapered) around 27" long. It would be the one that is the third up from the bottom, and right under the leaf that has the spring clips. Could you send me a PM if you have one, and your going to Chickasha?

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 05:24 am:

Does anyone have a cast iron spare tire carrier for the rear of a car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 09:36 am:

If anyone who is going is willing to look for me I'd appreciate it:

#1: any magneto drive units - like the Bosch Front Plate Drive (http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/371536.html?1373403034) and I've also seen where there are different styles that mount the magneto different ways. Anyway, anything like that I'm interested in getting.

Any type of dual spark magneto or distributor - I'm looking for a nifty period-correct way to run a Rajo BB head. Something like the Delco Remy distributor on the Joe Gemsa engine Mark Chaffin just restored.

Anyway! If someone is going and willing to look for me, send me a PM - I'll provide my phone number so you call or text either while you're looking at it or after you've bought it and I can send a check or paypal. Cell phone pics would be primo so I can give a quick yea or nay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 12:45 pm:

Dylan, check with Mark Friemiller (Model T Haven). He often has single leaves. I bought one from him but it was a later squared end leaf.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 04:34 pm:

I will be looking for a trunk lid and right and left rear side panels for a 1930 Model A coupe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Csorba on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 09:38 pm:

If anyone finds Seth a dual distributor, I'll have the 2 spark dual Magneto he won't need :-)

I need two buffalo/house wheel centres, a left hand thread rear hub and a couple of spinner hubcaps.

A roof type A 16 valve or an SR Fronty would round things out nicely.
Bruce (shipping could be arranged)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dylan Thomas Wills on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 01:59 am:

Thanks Terry! Didn't think of asking him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold R Carpenter - Fair Grove, MO on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 02:21 pm:

I will be looking for a 1923-25 coupe trunk floor and a pair of decent front fenders for the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 02:54 pm:

After another hospital visit via Ambulance I WILL NOT BE AT CHICKSHA this yr, thanks for all your prayers. John Danuser

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 05:27 pm:

Dang John, they still haven't gotten you fixed up yet? Hope you get on the mend soon. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 11:38 pm:

Dave don't sit up to quickly after sleeping, you get dizzy and pass out and fall about 4 foot to the floor like a ton of bricks, the opposite way were heading and put my system in a 3-4 foot area, Bruised everywhere, wife tryied to catch me and even broke off her fingernails, wound up in a ambulance ride to U niversity Hospital in Columbia. Finally determined I need two more units of blood, that makes 28 since last Feb. No Fun, Got to miss Chickasha again. johnd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold R Carpenter - Fair Grove, MO on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 12:46 pm:

Chickasha without Bruce and without Big John just won´t be the same. Hope you get better soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 02:31 pm:

Harold, also Ken Meeks who we lost to an accident a while back. He was one of my favorite stops along with Big John. Now Jack does not think he will be there. Hope John and Jack get better and make next year.
Now my WANT list.
3 Disteel disk wheels (Need two for car and one
spare)
1 rear hub complete with lug nuts and mounting
plate. (could use a second set of nuts and
mounting plate for spare)
I always look for accessories, but no list for
these.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 05:39 pm:

So do we Willie,so do we.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 11:27 pm:

Thanks Willie and Harold, by the way BIG John has lost 180 lbs ,down to 208 now and feeling better without all that extra weight Jack get better also, will miss everyone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 12:10 am:

These 2 Disteel wheels will be there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 10:53 am:

Willie there is a pr of wheels, McClaren can put on new rims (riveted) like suppose to be, I still have Disteel replacement tags for the wheels

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 01:24 pm:

Thanks JD and John.
JD, I send you an E-mail
Willie in Houston

My hotel is about ready to hit the road. (Big red covered trailer with my bed inside and lots of cover in case it gets really cold)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 03:13 pm:

Willie,no email here?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 03:36 pm:

Will there be someone at Chickasha who custom makes side curtains. I need them for a 1916 touring car.

Also want to find a 12 volt Oooooga horn.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 06:58 pm:

I need a 26 rdster body pc that panel that holds the door shut around the pass seat to the body joint in the back, mine is a pc of screen ROUGH. I will not be there but if its available I'd like to know, I have the patch panels from Howells, but it won't help me much 573-642-2473 please call if its there and I'll get $$ to the seller. also need all the catalogs of vendors all mine are 2 yrs old and outdated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 08:57 pm:

Bill S. -- Elizabeth of Classtique fame will be there, in the northwest part of the north building.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 09:06 pm:

Thanks Mike Walker.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 10:23 pm:

Jack I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. You will be missed at Chickasha, next year will have to do, but were going to hold you to that. Same goes for you John D, but I hope to see you this spring sometime. Mike W. we are going to have a lot of space to fill and I'm not bringing much, set of 5 Buffalo wheels, no hubs, maybe a nice set of original Universal wheels I bought for my 15 roadster that I don't think I'm going to put on now, couple of Disteels and a few small things, that's it. Maybe I will throw in extra chairs and we can sit around and tell lies and BS.
I'm looking for 19" 72 spoke Dayton wire wheels and I need a rear pin drive hub for one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 11:26 pm:

Wille Take notice John Steele is also bringing some Disteel wheels and parts, email him At jsteele@mebcinc.com, good luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 11:33 pm:

John -- I'll bring a few things too. Let's both bring several lawn chairs so folks can stop by and "set a spell." :-)

Folks -- We'll be midway between the north and south buildings right against the main sidewalk, where Uncle Stan has been the past few years. He has decided to move inside this year. So c'mon by and visit -- it can be our Forum meeting place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 11:37 pm:

I'm also looking for TT brake shoes, and a Gas Tank for a 1911 Torpedo w/attached mounting brackets Langs part # 2900TB, to go on the speedster we're building for my 15 yr old grandson. If anyone interested I have a pr of Firestone Black 30 x 3 new tires for sale and I can send them down, as I need a pr of Firestone 30 x 3 1/2 black tires. for my grandsons speedster. danuser88@ktis.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 01:00 am:

John, somewhere I have a few sets of TT brake shoes, along with some rearends that I haven't torn down yet that probably have some also. Now that it is finally warming up, I'll try to locate them. Maybe we can work out a trade. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By greg ragland on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 08:39 am:

I was wanting to know if there are any vendor spaces left and does anybody know of rooms available in the Chickasha area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 10:50 am:

I'll bet the answer is yes, there are spaces. Here's contract info: http://www.pwsm.com/

Rooms? Rooms? We don't need no steenking rooms. :-)
If you don't want to camp at the fairgrounds, I expect Chickasha is full and you'll have to commute from OKC, Norman, or Anadarko.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold R Carpenter - Fair Grove, MO on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 08:58 am:

I will be bringing a front axle with tie rod, hubs, steel disk wheels, and demountable rims. They will be in the back of my pickup. Also a chrome low radiator shell. My cell phone is 417-655-3453 to get a hold of me at the fairgrounds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 10:16 am:

Do you know what kind of wheels they are? I know a couple guys are looking for Disteels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold R Carpenter - Fair Grove, MO on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 03:03 pm:

I have a nice driver's side door for a 27-28 Chevy Touring car that I will trade for T parts.Chevy Touring door

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold R Carpenter - Fair Grove, MO on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 08:55 pm:

Stan
I just hauled the axle and wheels out of the barn a few minutes ago/ I will clean them up and try to find out what kind they are in the morning. Is there any particular way of identifying them? I will post photos tomorrow. The wheels are 21" and are connected to the hubs with six bolts. The hole for the tube stem is on the outside of the wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 10:01 pm:

Distells only had 3 lug nuts and used their own special hubs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 10:26 pm:

If you have a club name badge bring it and wear it at the swap meet. I will be wearing my EFR badge. It is nice to put a face with a name and if we all do this the chances of meeting are so much better!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 11:50 pm:

Paul M, great idea. I'll be wearing mine.

Also, is there anyone out there interested in 1915-16 fenders. I have two pairs of fronts; one pair good and one pair better. Also a rear pair that I would call better.

Also have a nice 1915-16 hood former.

If there is interest PM me and I will send photos.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 01:33 am:

Bill Severn,

I was born and raised in Austin TX. I hope we can meet next week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 11:11 am:

Bill I sent you a pm please call me, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 01:26 pm:

Paul - Great idea! Also, thanks to Bob McDonald here in our area, I have a black baseball cap that says "Model T Forum participant" which I'll be wearing! That's one of the nice benefits of Chickasha,...that it's a chance to meet forum "friends" that you haven't even met yet,...(if that makes any sense).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold R Carpenter - Fair Grove, MO on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 09:14 pm:

Thanks for the info Terry
I am certainly no expert on Distell wheels. In looking at the 2010 Forum it appears that on at least one of the pictures of Distell wheels there are bolt holes for three more bolts. I found a blueprint on the internet showing them with four bolts. I also found photos claiming to be Distells with five bolts. Mine appear to be Distells but have six bolts. If you have time on Thursday at Chickasha to take a look at mine and tell me what you think. Being after market items and used from 1917 to 1927 on everything from military vehicles, to Model T Speedsters, to Packard Sedans who knows what might have been done to them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 09:57 pm:

The name tags are a good idea. Just because I've met you once, or twice, or a few times, doesn't mean I'll remember. I'd blame it on age, but I've always been this way. At least I still remember who I am, most of the time. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 12:10 am:

Steve, I haven't met you, but from that picture of you sleeping on the floor, I think I can pick you out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 10:07 pm:

Well..... The weather looks to be sort of good. No rain, 66 on Thursday and 72 on Friday, but it is going to be sort of windy with 20 mph gusts on Friday. Oh well, I hope to see all of you there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays KS on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 07:56 am:

Looking for one of these.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Stinchcomb on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 05:21 pm:

For a 1924 Coupe, aft (closest to the rear window) left and right side vertical interior trim for rear quarters. These are stamped steel with four countersunk mounting holes and are 19 1/2" long.

Also, door key(s) coded DF940.

Rich
203 257-3576

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration