Windshield idea

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Windshield idea
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 06:07 pm:

This is an idea for the handy man, because nice brass windshields are hard to find and expensive. I think it would make an brass model t look racier!1911 alco

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 06:09 pm:

I have also seen a Packard 30 with this screen, but that car and this car are the only ones I have seen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 06:55 pm:

That's a "Cambridge" Windscreen or Windshield. When done properly, and on the right car, I think they look fantastic. I am not sure a T would be big enough, but it would make it different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 10:45 am:

I am working on a T speedster and plan on doing a cambridge windshield. They work very well if set up at the right angle but I do not know if they will work as well on a flat dash. The cowl contour is what make them look good. They look great on some car not so good on others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 10:47 am:

By the way, I believe the car shown with the Cambridge windshield is an Alco. One hell of a car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 11:10 am:

Sorry,But i think it makes the car look cheap and butt ugly! Bud in Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 11:14 am:

I have lots of brass windshield frames for sale. They just need channels, hinges and fillers, which are available repro.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Scherzer on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 11:58 am:

You see a lot of early open cab fire trucks with this style wind screen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 04:07 pm:

FWIW, Metz offered this type of windscreen as an option as late as 1914. I don't know if that makes it a good thing or not?
I love the first car pictured here! Alco made incredible cars!
Thank you.
Drive carefully, and enjoy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 04:13 pm:

reminds me of the tractors year ago in the winter, at least you got the heat from the engine from it, I second Bud's thought!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 06:17 pm:

I agree with Bud. It looks like a new camping tent made in China. Open the box and half or more of it is missing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 08:02 pm:

It is a 1911 Alco a big four cylinder tourabout. One of the twelve surviving Alco cars, an amazing car even with the screen. Of course its like everything here 50/50 hate/love.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 08:41 pm:

David,I think it's a great looking quality car that someone put a pice of junk on it! Are there two different size spares? Joe is right and i think it's a $100,000 car with a $5.00 heat houser on it! Bud in Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 08:46 pm:

It does have different size spares, different size front to rear. And a side note, if I could get that car for just 100k I would rob a bank first thing in the morning! I have never used a windshield, but this thing might be handy during bug season, but also most likely not look good on a t

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration