Fuel Line Routing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Fuel Line Routing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Whitaker on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 04:05 pm:

I FINALLY bit the bullet and bought a new fuel system for my T (completely stock, of course). However, I'm not sure how I should run the fuel line. I bought the clamps for it, but I just don't know where they go. Does anyone have any pictures or diagrams?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 04:33 pm:

Here is a picture from an April, 1922 Ford service bulletin, note that it recommends that the line crosses below the exhaust pipe:

fuel_line

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 05:02 pm:

My installation is similar, but outside the frame rail. The closest it gets to the exhaust pipe is about two and a half inches below it. One person suggested it would be better without the support attaching the line to the transmission housing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 05:24 pm:

I'm re-doing the fuel line on my 1915 now. I've located the round tank in the truck bed for better head pressure (and because I wanted to) so my routing will be similar to yours Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 05:38 pm:

Steve, have you ever driven this car or is it a fresh rebuild? I don't see any oil drips anywhere!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 08:54 pm:

Still rebuilding. Engine & trans done, rear end out for overhaul. Also installing correct drive shaft tube, rear spring, and radius rods.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 12:08 am:

Suggest splitting a piece of fuel hose and slide it over the fuel line where it passed near the exhaust pipe. Wrap the hose with A.C. aluminum adhesive tape. A simple mod. to keep from having vapor lock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 08:55 am:

First of all, you failed to mention the year of the car! The early T's were a little different than the later ones posted above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave DeYoung ......... Stoughton, WI on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 09:19 am:

The only thing I would do different is to put a loop or ess in the line between the sediment bowl and the clamp at the trans cover. This will add a point of flex between the body and the engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Whitaker on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 04:49 pm:

Thank you all for the comments. I should have no problems routing it and making it work!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration