Ever have a thread on here that really p_ss's you off?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Ever have a thread on here that really p_ss's you off?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 04:29 pm:

I have to get this off my chest once and for all. Referring to the thread "what have you done on your T today".

That thread is getting deep under my skin. I can't get anything done on my T any day. One because I still work and the boss expects me here, I have a wife who wants me to drive her to the mall and kids who want my money and grandkids who want my time and friends who want help moving.

:-)
OK, I feel better now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff V on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 04:35 pm:

I'm in the same boat, Tyrone. If I ever do get anything done on the T, though, I'm going to document the heck out of it. Maybe post a whole years worth of activity to make me look like I'm accomplishing something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 04:35 pm:

Maybe you should count your blessings rather than your problems.

Most of us would feel better if we did, including me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 04:35 pm:

Join the club Tyrone, I thought when I retired last year I would finally get my projects done. Not so, seems I have ten years of honey do's to catch up after the years being on the road plus the kids want help all the time. Not complaining though, getting to spend a lot of time with the grand kids and I'm learning to slow down. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 04:37 pm:

My t is 120 miles away so it's more like "what have you done on your t this weekend, once a month".

Won't mention how much California gas I've spent driving 240 miles to work on my t. Been doing this for almost two years now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 04:37 pm:

I don't know, but this thread is kind of annoying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 04:41 pm:

Tyrone,

Tell your boss you need to repair the car so you can get to work. Take your wife to the mall in your Model T. Tell your kids that all your money is tied up in your car and if they want any money then they need to help you on your car. Spend time with the grandkids working on the car. Move your friends in a Model T.

Problems solved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 04:42 pm:

Tyrone;
When u get old enough to retire, u will see that thread in a different light.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 04:50 pm:

I thought I'd retire and get caught up on projects at home, then in maybe six months or so I'd look for something else to do. It's been almost three years and I haven't started looking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 04:59 pm:

I've been working on my Chevy as top priority.
No T work in several months (and it needs plenty too)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 05:00 pm:

I work nights, kids in college and high school, and am working on a T I have barely seen for the past 5 years that isn't kept at home now...... So I've got similar time restrictions and dollars are tight; 4 years of undergrad down, 3 1/2 years of vet school to go; I chose to pay as much of my kids school bills as I can, so we're talking really tight.... I'm sorta pressed into the work because I've got to move the car. That said, I'm proud to make progress on it for a change, don't mind the opportunity to share it, and am glad to be able to share my progress; no apologies from me for any of that. We decide as a family where the dollars go, and if I cant afford to work on the car for a few years so be it...... It's a hobby, not a requirement. And, hopefully one day, I'll be one of the retired guys and have time to spare.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 05:03 pm:

I retired last year and in order to get anything done to amount to anything, I'll have to be single again. I wouldn't have a pass to go to Chickasha except I convinced the wife that I'd come back with an empty trailer. What the heck does it matter and whose business is it, what I get done on any given day? Some of us retired, but not as CEO's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 05:07 pm:

Terry, don't kid yourself. No wife here, and I'm still up to my eyeballs in unfinished projects.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 05:23 pm:

Hey, I'm a thousand miles from home down here in Mexico and can't get to the garage. But look what I found today in pristine condition with no rust or any flaws. Brassy headlights and a good running rear end ! I just love these "What have you done to your T today" strings.

cabo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays KS on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 06:05 pm:

Frank, buy a better camera, it's a bit to much out of focus.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 07:19 pm:

Frank
You better GO turn it over before it burns.

HO HO HE HE Strange thinks are happening.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 07:59 pm:

Tyrone (and Frank) stirred things up some...now we need to go do something.
If it's too cold in the shop bring some little piece inside the house to fiddle with.
The pieces get bigger the more a wife understands.
Stan doesn't need to worry...huh Stan?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 08:31 pm:

I dunno, Frank. Sometimes a running rear end can be a problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 08:41 pm:

Frank Is that straight weigh or multi weight oil, Detergent or non detergent. I don't see any rust and she is pretty polished!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 08:56 pm:

I've been retired 8 years now and still wonder how I ever had time to work! Busy all the time, but, It's my doing--I go where and when I want (within wife and dollar constraints). Lots better than having to keep a bag packed to go off for weeks or months on a moment's notice. Retire first chance you get! I enjoy the thread--reminds me that I need to be working on my T's more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 09:25 pm:

What have I done on my T today? Read the forum...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 10:43 pm:

My Dad and his two brothers retired from dairy farming around 1978. They said that it was a good thing they got rid of the cows because they no longer had time to milk them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 11:13 pm:

Mike Black - I've been retired for 12 years now, and the only "down side" of that I can see is that time now goes by so quickly. The 12 years I've been retired seems like 4 or 5 years at the most! I agree with everything you said Mike! I don't know what you did for a living, but as a railroad special agent, I used to get called out at all times of day or night, and, as you said, had to be ready to get on an airplane at a moments notice and as you said, always had a bag packed for that reason! I don't miss that at all! Retirement is truly a blessing and I appreciate every minute of it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 11:22 pm:

Well I went and picked up my Ruckstell this morning from shipping and started looking at what all I will need to replace.... I think I will first take the housing and have it blasted and powder coated and go from there....that will be on Wednesday.... I will be going to my Niece's funeral in the morning.....She caught a common cold two weeks ago that turned into Pneumonia and then the H1N1 Flu....It just took her down so quick... We were at visitation all afternoon....Very sad but you don't question life I guess you just accept what is given....I'll get back on the T Wednesday I hope, it takes me and my thoughts into better places a lot more pleasant...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 03:40 am:

Chester,
My condolences. Everyone should work to enjoy life every day.
I have family that cannot do that. That is why I close posts how I do.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 05:34 am:

Iv been getting a kinda bad case of cabin fever and that photo sure did help some. Thanks Frank. Another 45 days and things should get better. I got a lot planned for the the T this coming season. It may not be like Franks photo but there's nothing like the first few warms days at the Jersey shore for eye candy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 07:27 am:

While I suppose there is always SOMETHING I could do to one of the T's, luckily, there is nothing that I really HAVE to do to either of them. For the guy who says he works on his Chevy's as a priority...... no damn wonder.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 11:04 am:

I enjoy the "What have you done?" threads. It helps motivate me to get out there and do something. Unfortunately I either get very little accomplished because I haven't got the time, or when I do accomplish something worth documenting I realize my camera isn't there. I do a lot of research and hunting for parts on craigslist, eBay, and vendor websites, and that qualifies as working on the car, but it's not very compelling for a forum post. It's also nice to see what others are doing to their cars. Helps me learn something.

Whenever I hear someone complain about not having time to work on something, T related or not, I'm reminded of a scene from Star Trek: Generations.

KIRK: Sulu. When did he find the time to have family?
SCOTT: Well like you always say, if something's important, you'll make the time.

Now obviously family is more important, but if you want to work on your T there's always a way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 11:20 am:

I just wish I still had a T to not work on....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 12:40 pm:

To me being retired is a lot like winning the lottery... I now have the one asset I've always wanted... TIME.

My only problem is that I haven't learned to budget my time very well. I find that I will go for 2-3 weeks straight without a break, then realize I need to take a day off (I get tired).

Last week my friend Brian who owns an auto repair shop asked me if I wanted to relax a bit and deliver parts for him as his driver wanted a week off. Of course I did. So I delivered parts, repaired one of his car lifts, rebuilt a starter, mowed his shop lawn, repaired his restroom fan, repaired a few non working shop plugs,had lunch with an old friend the owner of a tractor shop and convinced him to buy more parts from "our" shop then returned Saturday to strategize with Brian on how to build up his Saturday Smog service.

I think poor Brian was exhausted with me by then, but hey, it was my time!

Nope, didn't get a thing done on my T last week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 02:59 pm:

On the one hand I wish I could retire ASAP. But on the other, I realize how blessed I am. I work a 12 hour shift such that I work a week on, then a week off. So I am sorta retired every other week. I guess it is a great mix of both and I can't complain to much. I have time to work on my T and, even better, to drive it. Being patient and waiting is tough some days as I see long time co-workers retire. I guess I try to do what I can now instead of always waiting until I retire to do things. We do what we can. Our T makes life a little more enjoyable, that's for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 03:02 pm:

What I forgot to say is I guess I don't have time to get to pissed about stuff here on the forum. Love the informative and entertaining venue here.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration