Old photos, Hamilton Ontario Canada.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old photos, Hamilton Ontario Canada.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 06:49 pm:

Hamilton Automobile Club.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 06:57 pm:

Stuck in the mud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 07:06 pm:

1918 war bond parade.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 07:11 pm:

T in the middle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 07:20 pm:

Touring car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 07:25 pm:

Centerdoor Sedan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 07:32 pm:

Another touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 08:18 pm:

Hi Dave,
Loved the Top Picture--hasn't changed much.
I can remember going to Hamilton for a Sunday drive from Toronto and getting the Best Hot Roast Beef Sandwich just across the street where this photo was taken,then go to the Stoney Creek Dairy for an Ice Cream Cone.
Is the 2nd photo showing the Touring stuck in the mud also in Hamilton?
-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ian Hayhurst on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 08:29 pm:

I think that's a 1907 or 1908 Russell at the end of the row in the first photo. Great old pics--thanks for sharing.

Ian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 08:52 pm:

Hi Don. Yes, all the pics were taken in Hamilton. I also like the top pic. That was when the automobile club was just that instead of a battery boost operation for people who don' t even know how to check their oil. Sadly, Stoney Creek Dairy finally went out of business and was torn down last year. If there was ever a reason to drive eastward, that place was it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 09:06 pm:

I think Ian is right about the Russell, also #5.#4 Packard? ps I have a 1911 Russell knight mod 22.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 09:04 pm:

Here are a few more Hamilton pics. There are a couple of cars that show the unique, Canadian oval glass rear windows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 11:18 pm:

Dave,
Keep those Hamilton photos coming
-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 10:51 am:

Ian and Charley
As a fellow Russell owner I am intrigued by your comments. The car parked at a angle looks like a White (probably steam) to me. Now the first car parked straight sure looks like a Russell.
I have a 1910 model 22 knight, 1913 model 28 knight, 1912 model 30 torpedo, 1915 light 6

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 05:01 am:

Ok Don, you want more Hamilton photos, here they are. I wasn't going to post these because there are no close ups of the cars but, each picture does contain at least one Model T except the last pic of the Reo truck. It was too good not to post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 05:06 am:

Oops, missed one photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 11:31 am:

Looks like one of the 1st Loblaws Stores also any idea what going on in the Steam Shovel photo
-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 01:09 pm:

Dave Wells:

I really like the picture of the Hay Truck, Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 01:39 pm:

"The Hoover Suction Sweeper",.....love it! Do you suppose that huge Hoover sign on top of the building lights up in neon at night? A huge sign tho' for sure, either way! Neat pictures,....all of them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 04:01 pm:

Glad you like them guys. Don, in the steam shovel pic, that is the ruins of the Lister Block on James Street downtown. It was built in 1886 and burned down in 1923. That same year, they built a new Lister Block building on the old foundation. Recently the newer building became the main symbol of neglect in our city and was fought over for decades while it decayed away. Last year, the building was finally restored to perfection as shown in the pic below. So for sure, that pic was taken in 1923.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 07:24 pm:

Found one more Hamilton pic. Not certain where in the city it was taken. Can't quite read the year on the licence plate. Looks like a 1919-1922 car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 08:43 pm:

Delivering relief baskets on Sherman Avenue 1914.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration