State Of Wisconsin 1928 Registration Card For A 1915 Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: State Of Wisconsin 1928 Registration Card For A 1915 Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 10:24 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 07:03 am:

It would be interesting to find out if that car is still around. I don't know if DMV in WI keeps records back anywhere near that long. What I do know is if you don't have a title for a vehicle in WI it is a royal hassle to find a way to obtain a registration for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Rice on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 01:44 pm:

Where did you find that?! Would love to have something on my car. Have contacted WI regarding this and they laughed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 11:59 am:

That card is "Registration" and would not be accepted here in WI to title a vehicle.

I have been told that Motor Vehicle registration records, computerized or otherwise, only go back about 7 years in WI. In other words, if you have not renewed a license plate or had and other "activity" on your title in 7 years, it is no longer in the system and you better have the paper title in your hand because it is the only record that exists... If you buy a car and get a WI title in your name but do not "register" (get plates for) the vehicle for over 7 years... If the title would become "lost", the state has no way of knowing if you ever titled that car and you could be "out of luck"!

This is what I have been told by sources I consider to be reliable...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 07:31 pm:

How big is this card? Is it a standard size business card?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration