Remind me what these are

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Remind me what these are
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 10:36 pm:

I think I know, but I want to be sure before I file the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 10:40 pm:

1926 27 Improved Ford sidelight brackets ... for touring and roadster .....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 10:41 pm:

side lamp brackets for 1926-1927

That is, IF I remember correctly.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 10:46 pm:

Cowl light brackets for oil sidelights that are added to the windshield support stantions. This type was used only in 1926 & maybe 1927 on the NON starter cars. Those cars also had the starter and generator blank off plates and none demountable square felloe wheels. A similar bracket for the same purpose was used in 1923-25 but did not have the indentation between the bolts holes. Scarce item.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 10:54 pm:

Dennis: Thanks for mentioning the non starter part of the use of the brackets. I forgot to mention it. Are the non demountable wheels you mention for the non starter 26-27s steel felloe.?? I believe I read somewhere that they were the steel felloe non demountable type somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 10:54 pm:

60 is left....59 is right....
others have nailed the use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 11:00 pm:

I have a set of brass brackets (probably reproductions) for a 26-27 and the part numbers match T45160 and T54159 for left and right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 11:07 pm:

Very good. I remembered what they are, but not the year. Thanx.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 03:30 am:

Donnie,
The non demountable wheels used on the non starter cars that have the square wood felloe are from about 1919 through 1925. Those are 30x3 & 30x3 1/2. However on the non starter cars there was a steel felloe non demountable wheel set used
during part of 1922. I have a set of those. In 1926 and maybe early 27 the 30x3 1/2 & 30x3 wood felloe non-demountables came on non starter cars. The balloon tire size demountable wheels were also available. That's the best of my recollection -- someone else might correct some of this. As always working to get a T correct the devil is in the details. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 09:07 am:

Thanks Dennis: I thought the steel felloe non demountable was 26-27 but Its been a long time since I researched it. You are right about the details being a devil ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 12:28 pm:

from the encyclopedia;
Demountable rims available as an option, using 30 x 3-1/2 tires all around. Hayes, Kelsey, and Ford supplied wheels, so there were variations in the style. The rims were zinc plated. Non-demountable wheels continued as standard equipment. In 1920 the wooden felloes were replaced with steel, and wheels could then be supplied without hubs. (The wood-felloe wheels tended to warp when there was no hub in place.) On July 14, 1921 The shape of the spokes was specified as being round instead of oval in cross section. 30 x 3 tires were used in front when the car had the standard (non-demountable) wheels. Hub caps were nickel-plated but about 1923 they were made of steel, rather than brass. (Steel had been used as far back as 1918 but brass replaced the earlier steel for a time.) According to blueprints, caps were also made of zinc (polished but not plated) around 1924.

Reading on I did not see any reference to going back to the wood fellow on the non demountable wheels. Of course this may have been updated after the encyclopedia was put on line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 07:06 pm:

Thanks Mark: I always thought that the steel felloe non demountable wheels were only 26 27 non starter. but it appears to be as far back as 1920. I also assume that they were used only on non starter cars by then. So many little details for my old timer brain to keep up with. Thanks again ....

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration