1912 Ford Barn Find(Update)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1912 Ford Barn Find(Update)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 12:57 am:

Today we drove the 1912 barn find touring offered on ebay a few weeks ago. Quite impressed with the lack of wear everywhere. The speedo shows 2234 miles and after checking everything over I might just think its correct.

We dodged rain drops and other weather issues but decided to take her for a spin. Lots of power good acceleration and the damn thing stops as well. Kinda amazed narry a drop of water from the radiator, and it cools well too. Did have to remove a cup full of acorn shells from the upper tank.

After a few freshining up issues, it now starts on the 2nd crank. The over all performance is quite sharp. I'm also impressed with the 1912 Holley carb not a single drip or leak, nor wear in the throttle shaft.

I am very pleased with this Ford. I only collect unrestored original brass cars, and this Ford will be a very nice addition to the herd.

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 07:31 am:

Pics!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 02:15 pm:

Pictures.......yes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 02:30 pm:

And not just of the T! A lot of us here love brass cars!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 07:59 pm:

I would appreciate a story on how you FOUND this great car !! AND PICTURES

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration