1923 Runabout Top Iron Mounts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1923 Runabout Top Iron Mounts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 11:55 am:

I'm looking for some information about the mounting points for the top irons. I have some brackets that mount at the front of the belt rail, just behind the doors. Does anybody have measurements for where these should come through the belt rail? I just finished rewooding my runabout (later, slant-windshield 1923) and I need to mount these. I don't have any top irons, but buying the new ones from the vendors seems to be the wisest choice. Does anybody have any measurements for placing these before I go butchering the wood?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 12:09 pm:

Jared

if you're lucky, you'll see two notches in the sheet metal where the bolts go through the wood to secure the bracket. The bracket will also have a "tail" which will bolt at 90 degrees to the top two, into the door latch pillar, so the location will almost be a given, once you have the brackets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 12:37 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 12:39 pm:

This help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 07:23 pm:

Chuck, that looks like a later car with the tack strip instead of a belt rail. or maybe you just don't have a belt rail installed in your picture.

Scott, no notches on these panels. I've seen a few pictures where there's a hole drilled through the belt rail where that bracket goes through. Just wondering where I should drill before I go messing up good parts.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration