Spark Plug Restoration: Is it Possible?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Spark Plug Restoration: Is it Possible?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 03:22 pm:

I have two old Champion and two Precision spark plugs. I was wondering if a person could restore them and make them operational again. Is this possible? I thought it would make my 1926 Fordor's engine look more period correct, instead of those modern looking plugs.

Thanks,

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 03:25 pm:

Sure is, and I like how they run compared to modern plugs. Some photos of T plugs.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bruckzone/sets/72157638653764616/

Lots of threads here on this topic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 03:42 pm:

Ok, thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 07:37 pm:

Take a fine mill file and file the side electrode so that it has square edges and a square end. When I say square I mean that you must have sharp edges for the spark to have a place to jump from. The center electrode must be flush on the bottom so that it is as if you did a fresh cut perpendicular to the shaft. Now the electricity can easily jump from the center to the outside contact from a sharp edge to a sharp edge.

Now watch out because it will work like new.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration