Old Photo, more from California

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo, more from California
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 03:41 pm:

(Message edited by admin on February 19, 2014)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 03:42 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 03:43 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 03:44 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 03:45 pm:

Not sure what car this is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 03:47 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 03:47 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 06:40 pm:

Great pictures Erich. Showing life the way it was.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 07:16 pm:

Great pics Erich. A rare commodity these days...people actually performing manual labor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 08:23 pm:

Neat bunch of photos, Erich. Thanks for posting them!

I like them all, but that first one is my favorite of this group. Those boys on that trailer must have had quite a ride, particularly with the wheels it had.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 08:31 pm:

Tim, I think from the hats that the are the grand fathers of the children that some of us are trying to send back home. By us I don't mean me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 08:45 pm:

The light colored touring car (non-T) appears to be a 1913 Buick Model 25.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 10:59 am:

The 6th picture is of "downtown" Tujunga. It still looked much the same in 1958 when I lived there. The studio was in Montrose. I had lived in Montrose from 1939 through 1957. Erich, where did you get these pictures?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 11:22 am:

Norm I am at work now but have the site saved at home. Will try to remember to post it here. May be a few weeks as I am going out of country soon. Remind me if need be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 11:30 am:

Found it. (slow morning at work)

http://waterandpower.org/museum/Early_Views_of_the_San_Fernando_Valley.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 02:58 pm:

Wow!
Thanks for the link. Those old pictures really brought back memories and I wish California were like that today! I can only remember back as far as the very late 1930's and 1940's, but it hadn't changed very much since the 1920's. The bulk of the growth began after WW 2 with the subdivisions. Now almost all the farms are gone and it's just wall to wall city!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 03:04 pm:

Norm, even the club members here say how easy it used to be to drive all over Portland with such lite traffic, not any more.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 06:28 pm:

Erich
Thank You VERY much for that link to those pictures. I was raised in Granada Hills from 53 to 76. My dad and I joined the San Fernando YMCA which was then housed in the Andres Pico Adobe in 56.
Just brings back many good memories my "ute" in the Valley.
I only remember the LAPD driving Plymouths and later AMCs. Maybe the Catalina was a special pursuit car?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration