OT - 1930 Model AA Rolling Chassis For Sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - 1930 Model AA Rolling Chassis For Sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 04:50 pm:

1930 Model AA Truck chassis for sale. The engine seems complete but is seized. 4 speed transmission and clutch are operable. Period retrofitted with Model BB rear-end and rear springs. The rear end will turn and is not seized.
I have the fenders, splash aprons and the fender brace with headlights.

$800

Please call,

615-3one9-seven57eight

(Will post pictures at later date)

-------
Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 09:50 am:

Com'on, she needs a good home!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 01:29 pm:

Mack Cole,

A new project for you?

Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Brady on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 02:10 pm:

Pete: Have you tried the classifieds on aa-fords.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 02:28 pm:

Well, not yet. I'm trying to get this thing seen as much as possible. I just put an ad up on FordBarn, AA-Fords is next, then Craigslist. I've been busy with other things, so I'm a little behind. I will try to put some pictures up soon.

Thanks,

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 12:38 pm:

Here you go everybody, PICTURES!

Come on guys! Just look at her, she needs a good home! I'm sure she'd get along fine with your Model T... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 12:20 pm:

Come on guys... I'm begging you, give her a good home. Her name is Phoenix, and I need this perfectly, innocent 1930 Model AA gone before the swap meet in Chickasha. I mean, when you leave your Model T alone in the cold, dark garage, don't you think they get lonely?

$800

Call, 61five-3one9-seven57eight

Thanks,

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 03:20 pm:

I would sure love to want that.

Does the BB rear end allow it go faster than a regular AA?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 03:33 pm:

Dave I better shy away.To many projects now.
A fellow was bringing me a Model A chassis with a Mack truck rear axle welded under it a year or so ago and aint brought it.It was to wide to haul on my trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 04:14 pm:

Jerry, I'm not sure, but it might! I think BB's went around 45-50mph or something like that. A little faster than your standard AA...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 12:56 pm:

PRICE DROP! Now $700!

Will deliver for $0.40 per mile.

Please call: 61five-3one9-seven57eight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 05:53 pm:

I can't swear by it, but that does look like the "high speed" rear end, FWIW.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 07:24 pm:

Thats a shame that the engine was left to go to hell...if the three spark plug holes were closed off maybe the engine would turn over. Probably still salvageable to someone with the time and know-how and all. Man that's a heckuva stack of springs in the rear end. Hope you unload it Pete, not really a bad price for someone wanting to build a heavy duty truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 07:51 pm:

Tim,
the running Motor now in my Sport Coupe was sitting in a frame out in a front (yes, front)yard for decades--I could never get it until it ended up in the salvage yard. No spark plugs in all that time. I had to use a 4x4 to pound the pistons out of it, but it was rebuildable!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 10:37 am:

Tim, it had all four spark plugs when I got it. I was able to remove all but the one you see in the photos. David, I sorta tried that technique, I wasn't brave enough to take a sledge hammer to it though...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 10:50 am:

So Peter,Have you decided to build a speedster with something else? Bud in Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 12:58 pm:

List it on Fordbarn or Craigs list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 04:21 pm:

Kenneth, no. I have decided to save my money and invest it into my 1926 Fordor. Mark, I have already listed it on Fordbarn and the AA-Fords classifieds. Craigslist is next.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 09:40 am:

I like the idea of putting the $$ into the Fordor. One of those is next on my "acquisition list"...Need something enclosed to haul friends in when it's chilly or windy, or whatever. Open cars sometimes just don't cut it. I would be a bit leery of Craigslist though..seems like it is a "creep magnet"... JMO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 11:14 am:

Anybody?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 01:22 am:

On the wrong side of the world for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 06:36 pm:

Tim, you could build a bus out of this Model AA!

But seriously, I need this thing gone before the swap meet in Chickasha. Please somebody give her a good home!

$700, will deliver at $0.40 per mile.

61five-3one9-seven57eight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 04:00 pm:

Alright everybody! PRICE DROP! NOW $650

Now $650! Will deliver for $0.40 per mile.

MUST GO BEFORE CHICKASHA! I really need this gone.

Call 61five-3one9-seven57eight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 05:23 pm:

NOW $500!

MUST GO THIS WEEK!

Call 615-3one9-7fiveseven8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 10:48 am:

To the top

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Monday, March 24, 2014 - 10:44 am:

*bump*

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 09:05 am:

SOLD!!!

Thanks, guys!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration