Old photo, who is it in the model K?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old photo, who is it in the model K?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 10:56 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Dominguez on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 11:16 pm:

The man in the passenger seat certainly looks like Henry Ford. Who the driver is, is anybody's guess. The scene looks like Detroit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays KS on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 11:40 pm:

Henry Ford is on the left in the drivers seat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 11:47 pm:

Henry Ford is on the RIGHT in the driver's seat. That is to say, on the RIGHT side of the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays KS on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 05:38 am:

Harold, we're both correct, I was writing about on the left of the photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 08:08 am:

Rob in a previous life!! (just had to!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 08:46 am:

Tim,

I resemble that remark. :-)

The passenger is known, I just can't find the name.

Erich, thanks for posting,

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 02:33 pm:

From the A.O.Smith Website . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 03:05 pm:

I used to have an A.O. Smith water heater.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 03:06 pm:

Thanks Art:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 07:50 pm:

I don't believe either man is Henry Ford in the photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 10:26 pm:

I have no doubt the driver is Henry Ford. Other similar pics of HF.

With George Selden in one of the "Selden cars", 1907:

HF driving another Model K in New York:

Standing beside Barney Oldfield and 999, 1902:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 01:58 am:

Well, I don't know Royce,....but when you look at the first and last photo in this thread, it's pretty convincing that those two guys are one in the same. Of course, maybe it's not HF in either the first and last picture. (???) However, they've all passed on so I guess it rally doesn't matter,....(certainly not to them anyway.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 07:28 am:

The apartment house in the photo looks like he ones in the area near the Piquette Plant, although there are not a lot of them left. Henry lived within walking distance of the plant at that time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 09:03 am:

Maybe it's just me but in several these pictures young Mr. Ford looks like Steve Martin - and if you think that's who it is in the photo, it makes it REALLY funny.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration