OT - OK Ed, I'll drive, you just ride along......

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - OK Ed, I'll drive, you just ride along......
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 11:24 am:

I detect a trend here. Ed Huff rides with Henry Ford on racers Sweepstakes and during the world record run with "Arrow" on ice. Huff was given $50 by the Ford board of directors for his part on the record run in 1904:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 11:37 am:

LOL That's where he "road along" ? Didn't they go almost or even over 100 mph in that bottom picture? With Ed adjusting the carb? Absolutely crazy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 11:50 am:

Seth, over 92 mph. Henry Ford was the first man to drive (clocked) a mile under 40 seconds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 04:17 pm:

I would pay more than $50 to go for a ride like that!

Thank you Rob for all of these! I love them all.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 05:06 pm:

Rob,
For you:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ru_hC9oGVbo?feature=player_detailpage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 05:47 pm:

Wayne,
Your welcome.
Dave,
Great video. If I believed in reincarnation, I'd want to come back as..........Glenn Miller :-)

Another Ford racer video. This isn't nearly as polished, but it's the best I could do:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pw7rbmc6ep2bmhg/Video%20Nov%2030%2C%207%2016%2032%20PM .mov

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 05:47 pm:

Maybe Ed made the deal to pay for gas and turnpike tolls.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 05:50 pm:

Tyrone, don't you have a Model T to work on?

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 06:10 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 06:19 pm:

I messed up and cut a few sentences out above. I wish we could edit our posts (I know, I should edit them first :-( ):

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration