It might be a long winter when.......

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: It might be a long winter when.......
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 12:53 pm:

You get into your car and see its 17 degrees out and you say to yourself, its 17 degrees, It's about time it warmed up out! I caught myself saying this a couple of days ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 01:26 pm:

It's in the 30s here today.

Nobody is wearing jackets. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 01:35 pm:

You know it's a long winter when you look at the thermometer and see its's only 17 degrees and say to yourself..."Hell it's warm enough to go for a ride today even if I don't have side curtains". So I'm going for a ride shortly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 01:42 pm:

80 here time to go fishing or roll out the grill mmmm RIBS, BURGERS, FISH O.K. I'll drag the grill to the beach!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 02:30 pm:

I'm still waiting for winter. I have to do some watering today. There aren't even very many weeds growing here and no ice, no heat on. Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 80's. Believe it or not this is the cold rainy season. The earth MUST have rotated on it's axis. Something is wrong.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sosnoski on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 03:54 pm:

They were predicting rain today in Mass. So far the big white rain drops have added up to 2" on the ground.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 07:16 pm:

Hit almost 40 here today, spent all day outside at work in a t shirt, felt great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 07:51 pm:

About 74 degrees here today. Typical winter day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 08:50 pm:

For the first time in one heck of a long time it hit 40 here today!! Not burning much corn today! Bud in Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 08:52 pm:

About 40 degrees here in frostbit northern WI. Tomorrow not so nice: 35-40MPH winds, falling temps back to the single digits for highs, and 10" of wet, heavy snow on the way. Spring around here is only a rumor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 09:18 pm:

It's a balmy 43 with rain and wind here in Anacortes. T-shirt and light jacket weather but, gusts of 50mph over the last 2 days. Too tough to play golf in that kind of wind so I'll just work on income tax or buy health insurance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 11:44 pm:

It was 70 inside my car barn, today nice and toasty,47 degrees outside. I keep the heat on all winter long and it amazing how nice it is to walk up to my machine tools and they are actually room temperature. I heat the barn with a high tech used motor oil furnace, the oil is free and that makes it a bit easier to let it run all winter long.

Making great progress in my barn fresh 1912 touring. My deadline is next Wednesday. Then can't wait for the 1st tour.

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave DeYoung ......... Stoughton, WI on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 12:39 am:

Broke the trans output shaft on the IH Scout yesterday plowing snow. Scrambling to find another trans before the next snow. I'm so ready for spring and some fun with the T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 03:49 am:

I've never met Wayne Murray from Anacortes, WA. but I live about a hundred miles south of him in WA.,.....between Sumner and Puyallup. In reading Wayne's description of our Western WA. comparatively "balmy" but changeable weather, Wayne is probably what's known around here in the Pacific Northwest as a "socks & sandals guy"! (....and umbrellas are for "wimps", right Wayne?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dena & Dennis Gorder on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 06:55 am:

It was really nice in Wisconsin the last two days so I spent some time outside raking. Raking the snow off the garage roof before the next snow storm! I can't wait until I can mow the lawn instead of plow the driveway. And, of course, get the cars out!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 07:25 am:

Having morning coffee in shorts and a sleeveless T. 7:24 @ 5000 feet :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 08:48 am:

45 - 50 degrees today in mid-Michigan after spending most of the winter well below freezing and with literally feet of snow. Of course, that 45 - 50 brings with it rain, high winds, and thunderstorms today, so its really a wash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 09:05 am:

It might be a long winter when -

You have put more gas in the snow blower than the Model T

The snow piles next to the driveway are taller than your wife's minivan.

You carry a rock in your pocket so you can throw it at the snowplow driver the next time he plows in the end of the driveway just after you put the snow blower away.

It took your wife 2 hours to make a 12.5 mile drive from the store to home.

It took you over 2 1/2 hours - two days in a row to drive 50 miles from work.

You are finally sick and tired of people telling you that it is 74 where they live and they can't find their sweater.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 09:07 am:

LOL Fred - as a thin blooded southern boy my dealings with snow have been few and far between. But the "carry a rock in your pocket" one is hysterical.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 09:49 am:

That reminds me of the story I modified for Lucia, a friend.

LUCIA'S DIARY

DEAR DIARY

AUG 12 Moved to our new home in central Pennsylvania. It is so beautiful here. The mountains are so majestic. Can hardly wait to see them with snow on them. I love it here.

OCT 14 Pennsylvania is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves are turned all the colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the beautiful mountains and saw some deer. They are so graceful, certainly they are the most wonderful animal on earth. This must be paradise. I love it here.

NOV 11 Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it will snow soon. I love it here.

DEC 2 It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed with white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won), and when the snow plow came by, we had to shovel again. What a beautiful place. I love Pennsylvania.

DEC 12 More snow last night. I love it. The snow plow did his trick again to the driveway. I love it here!

DEC 19 More snow last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work. I am exhausted from shoveling. Frigging snow plow.

DEC 22 More of that white caca fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands from shoveling. I think the snow plow driver hides around the curve and waits until I'm done shoveling the driveway. Pendejo!

DEC 25 Merry Frigging Christmas! More friggin snow. If I ever get my hands on that pendejo who drives that snow plow, I swear I'll kill the hijo de puta. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the frigging ice.

DEC 27 More white caca last night. Been inside for 3 days except for shoveling out the driveway after that snow plow goes through every time. Can't go anywhere, car's stuck in a mountain of white crap. The weatherman says to expect another 10" of the caca again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10" is?

DEC 28 The sonso weatherman was wrong. We got 34" of that white caca this time. At this rate it won't melt before next summer. The snow plow got stuck up the road and that pendejo came to the door and asked to borrow my shovel. After I told him I had broken six shovels already shoveling all the mierda he pushed into the driveway, I broke my last one over his ugly head.

JAN 4 Finally out of the house today. Went to the store to get food. These red-neck gringos don't sell tortillas or mole or even menudo. And on the way home, a danged deer ran in front of the car and I hit it. Did about $3,000 damage to the car. Those frigging beasts should be killed. Wish the hunters had killed them all last November.

MAY 3 Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusting out from that frigging salt they put all over the road?

MAY 10 Moved back to Orlando. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would want to live in that God-forsaken state of Pennsylvania.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration