Trailer hitch and trailer for '26 Fordor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Trailer hitch and trailer for '26 Fordor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Gottschamer on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 08:17 pm:

I'm really liking the idea of a trailer for "Sweet T." I've seen the gallery of them for ideas, and have some of my own. It would be strickly utilitarian, but good looking. Where on the axle, frame, or . . .would the hitch be mounted? I thinking of just a receiver (1 1/2") such as is standard for liteweight hitches on today's cars. No balls. Ideas and pix would be most helpful and appreciated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 08:54 pm:

John,
I have a collection of 4 original, barn-cobbled trailer hitches for the Model T. Three mount using the rear spring U bolts (2) and one mounts on top of the frame/rear crossmember where the spare tire carrier bolted on. I'll be busy all day tomorrow but if you'll send me a private email, I'll try to get you a picture of them. gwhouse2@peoplepc.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 09:40 pm:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration