OT - 1929 Hupmobile

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - 1929 Hupmobile
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 08:32 pm:

These are hard to find ...

I am taking one to California right now ... :-)

Very well built

Jim

1929 Hubmobile

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 10:37 pm:

Cool, my first car was a 29 Hupp. It is a sedan and I still have it.
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 03:00 am:

Jim,

This one is the False Cabriolet model ...

Continental wheel kit on passenger & driver sides both ...

How cool is that flourish behind the door ?

Does your model have the " golf bag door " as pictured in front of the rear passenger wheel ?

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 03:07 am:

No golf bag door on mine. Pretty plain Jane, four door, wood wheels and 6 cyl. motor.
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 06:49 pm:

Hi Jim,
I have a friend who lives about 10 miles from here, owns 2 Hupmobiles.
A 1929 Century Eight sedan,which he has owned since the early 60's.
And a 1929 Century Eight roadster.
According to Hugh there wasn't a finer car built,as he has told us on more than one occasion.
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 07:54 pm:

The finish work on the interior is phenomenal ...

I will take some interior images when I drop off ... :-)

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 08:18 pm:

Jim Thode, would you post some pictures of yours? Is there a lot of wood in the body?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 11:33 pm:

Dexter,
The wood in the body is similar to a Ford Model A.
I'd have to dig to find a few crappy photos. That was way before I got into photography and it is in storage now.

Here is what mine looks like less the side mount tire.

And what the one Jim is hauling:

Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration