Whatzit for 02/19/2014

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Whatzit for 02/19/2014
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 09:36 pm:

Hello All,

I thought that I would take a turn presenting a tool which a few of you may not have seen before.

Have fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 09:39 pm:

Fanciest ring compressor I've ever seen. Can you bring it to the meeting next month?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 09:57 pm:

Sorry Dave, it is not a ring compressor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 10:08 pm:

It holds the piston when tightening the con rod bolt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 10:13 pm:

Sorry Steve, but that is not what it is for either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 10:20 pm:

This is what the original patent shows . . .

Albert D. Alexander
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Vise for Holding Pistons and Caps
Patent number: 1372665
Filing date: Aug 5, 1919
Issue date: Mar 29, 1921
http://tinyurl.com/ma4jqsv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 10:25 pm:

Well Art, I've learned something. I did not know that it would hold the piston; I have only used it to hold the caps: main bearing and con rod.

An apology to Steve, you get partial credit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 10:26 pm:

Looks like it's for spreading a small differential housing to get the ring gear out. OR, a real fancy elastrator to place the rubber band on the young bulls to make them steers!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration