Old Photo - Honey, Your Rides Here!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Honey, Your Rides Here!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 10:26 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 10:31 am:

I know hats were all the rage back then, but only a comedian could wear a hat like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 02:44 pm:

When I saw the title "Honey your rides here" I expected to see this

Seth,
I guess I must be a funny guy because I have an original hat just like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 03:46 pm:

Not really sure how or if this applies here, but I think it's hilarious. She really could find a better date but hey, he's got a nice car! (She's definitely no pig!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 03:56 pm:

The derby, or bowler, hat has an interesting and varied history itself. Wikipedia (I do not trust them totally myself), when I typed in "derby hat" took me straight to "bowler" hat (which I had already read through and saw only a barely mention of the connection to the "derby" name).
At different times in history, they have been primarily worn by the working class, elite class, or government officials. According to Wikipedia, they were more common in the USA wild West than the better known "cowboy" hats. No doubt, the working class connection is why they were used by the likes of Charlie Chaplain and Laurel & Hardy.
They are appropriate for any year model T whether you are a "funny guy" or not. I look better in a "boater" or straw hat myself. I have one bowler and about eight boaters in my collection along with several fedoras, leather helmets, sport caps, and one genuine Stetson "Tom Mix".
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 03:58 pm:

By the way, Jay. Thank you for sharing the photo! That is a great photo of my old friend Stanley.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Wilson on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 04:12 pm:

I have the picture of Stan Laurel blown up and hanging on my wall at work. I tell every one that is me and my '21 touring. Wish mine were as nice as Stan's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 05:11 pm:

The Derby and the Bowler are 2 different hats. The derby goes in a curve straight from the rim, the bowler has a vertical straight section, then a curve across the top. If that makes sense...I know what I mean, anyway. Stan is wearing a bowler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Fowler - Eagle River, Alaska on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 05:45 pm:

He is probably the Geico pig. His other date was on a jet ski!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 07:19 am:

Jay, when I look at that picture of Stanley, I know I'm going to be in for a chuckle. What a wonderful legacy. Again Thank You for posting another great picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 09:34 am:

Sure looks like a '25-7 steering wheel on that T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 09:51 am:

Jerry, The modern take.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 09:56 am:

Seems like most if not all the T's they used were the 19-22 Tourings. Were they ever in any others?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini on Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 08:31 am:

Jerry Van, she's bringing home the bacon!!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration