17-20 Touring Tring to determine front seat pitch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 17-20 Touring Tring to determine front seat pitch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Booth on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 03:12 pm:

I hope my subject line makes sense, it does in my head...

The heal panel sets the height of the front seat. I believe the top iron sets the pitch? If so could someone give me a measurement from the heal panel to the bolt that attaches the top iron.

Thank You
Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 05:03 pm:

Paul
When you put your front seat back panel in it will set the angle of your seat frame. Early 1915's had all wood seat construction. Later in 15 Ford went to metal seat frames. During the war years 1918-19 the body builders went back to wood seat frame construction do to metal shortages and then went back to all metal seat frames.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 06:41 pm:

do you have the top bracket? that lays on the arm rest, and has a 90 degree bend where it mounts on the seat frame, i think. why dont you just come over and measure mine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 07:17 pm:

On my 21 Touring I used the top irons and the original seat frame and heel panel to get the seat pitch.
Remember that Ford used up to 5 body makers to build these bodies so that may or may not make a difference in setting the pitch.

I hope you have all of the seat frame hardware, brackets, top iron parts and etc.

There are some minor differences in the above hardware and parts but not enough to make a lot of difference. That's what I found when finally getting enough of the correct low cowl era parts to build my 21 which I'm still working on.
Hope this helps! Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 07:30 pm:

The 1915-20 tourings with the metal seat frames used the top support irons that are straight and rivet to the seat frame side. Any with wood seat construction have the 90 degree bend and screw to the wood seat frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Booth on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 07:52 pm:

Thanks guys,
Yes I do have most Irons/Parts that I need albeit a bit rusty. I am putting together a Baudette (SP) Body.

Clayton: That's the plan, I'm hoping to get quite a few measurements and pictures.

After a little digging and putting the skin back on the frame. There is a bolt hole that lines up the seat pan and the seat back through the body. Problem solved just needed to do a little more thinking...
Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 09:14 pm:

also, very good pics of a body langs have for sale on ebay if its still on, search model t body

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration