OT -- UP 4014 Takes the Mainline from Fairplex Parking Lot to West Colton, CA

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT -- UP 4014 Takes the Mainline from Fairplex Parking Lot to West Colton, CA
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 05:26 pm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ji2aGJJAx8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 05:45 pm:

I'm surprised to see it will take that sharp a curve. Maybe the camera angle makes the curve look sharper than it really is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 05:55 pm:

One set of drivers is articulated. This would allow it to negotiate tighter curves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 06:18 pm:

I turned it off after 5 minutes all PO'd
Three guys working and nine standing around doing nothing.
The guy on the left at 9 o'clock never moves his arms from across his chest. If I was betting, I would say the three track workers were the Mexicans on the crew.
That's what is wrong with America today! Where are Henry Ford's work standards? From what I have read they did not act that way on the DT&I.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 07:43 pm:

There's four kinds of railroaders. The regular field rats have dirty clothes and are the ones doing all the work. Then there's the direct supervisory people - their clothes are cleaner and they're telling everyone else what to do - but the field rats already know their jobs. The third kind of railroader is the folke with shiny clothes, shiny boots, brand new hardhat, brand new hi-vis vest ... they are generally carpet shiners sent out from the office to see what the two shiny metal things are that stretch across our great nations!

The green vests are generally new probationary employees that must be watched and taught how to do their particular job properly (and without getting killed). I'll risk my life to protect a green vest every day of the week to make sure they become a good field rat !!

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. Gustaf Bryngelson on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 08:10 pm:

You can bet they are all union!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration