Any Mid-West Tours in Mid-August?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Any Mid-West Tours in Mid-August?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 07:04 pm:

I'm considering doing the New London to New Brighton tour in Minnesota August 6-9. I did it three years ago, and it was good fun. But I live in New Jersey, and it's a long haul out there and back. It would be nice to go on a tour the weekend before or (preferably) the week after, so I could amortize the time and cost of trailering over two tours.

The NL-NB is for primitive cars, so I'd take the one-cylinder Cadillac. But my trailer can hold a Model T as well, so I could take in a T tour. The last time, I enjoyed a T tour in Wisconsin the prior week.

Any thoughts?

Gil Fitzhugh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 07:20 pm:

Leave a car in Detroit and stop back first week after Labor Day for the OCF. You will be glad you did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 08:10 pm:

I will be co-hosting a T-Totalers club tour near Rochester MN in August, but we have not finalized the date yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 08:50 pm:

Between the T Totalers (MTFCI) and the Great Northern Model T Club (MTFCA), there's always something going on in Minnesota. Both are great clubs and many members, like myself, belong to both. If nothing else, we can arrange a local tour for you to catch highlights that can't find on a big tour.

Derek and I are both cut from the same cloth as the late Ron Aase; we love to get the old cars out on the road. Three or four Model Ts out for a drive and an interesting lunch stop makes a great day.

I usually do the NLNB pre-tours with my '14. I plan to drive it out to New London again his year, if I don't purchase an old car in time to go on the big tour. I hope to see you there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 10:44 am:

Jon - Great idea, thank you! I agree the OCF is wonderful. A couple of years ago I did the Lansing-Dearborn and OCF with my Cadillac and then the Snapper's Frosty on the Leelanau peninsula with my T, once again hauling both cars in the trailer. This year, unfortunately, the timing is wrong for me. The week-long HCCA eastern national 1&2-cylinder tour starts the day after the OCF and it's in Castine, Maine. 1&2s are my favorite tours, and the Maine coast is gorgeous, but I can't get from Dearborn to Castine overnight. Another year!

Derek and Eric - Many thanks for those suggestions. I may take you up on them. Please let me know as time gets nearer, what may be going on.

I'm still open to other ideas.

Gil Fitzhugh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence Murray on Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 03:48 pm:

Michigan Jamboree is in mid August. Three days of touring.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration