Old Photo - Posing At The Pump

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Posing At The Pump
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 09:35 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 11:44 am:

I guess it wouldn't take long to fill a gas tank with that hose. The diameter and the nozzle size are huge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 01:28 pm:

In 1975, when unleaded gas came out, the fill pipes on cars were made smaller so you could not use the leaded gas, which was still coming out of large fill nozzles for a few years.
Some cars had a baffle in the fill pipe so the leaded nozzles wouldn't go in..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 02:53 pm:

Dang Aaron. I had completely forgotten that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 03:41 pm:

Is that a T or model A wheel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 04:07 pm:

Pretty good deal on the gasoline, 18.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 04:12 pm:

I think I can see the reinforcing ribs between lug bolt holes, so it's likely a 28/29 Model A wheel.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration