Cheap Chickasha room rates 30 miles away on I-40

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Cheap Chickasha room rates 30 miles away on I-40
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 07:22 pm:

Stayed here last night - I have stayed here several times before

Clean rooms - well lit parking lot that you can park your rig right outside your room

Continental breakfast - flat panel t.v. - HBO - internet

Rates include tax - good thru March:

$48.50 single
$58.60 double

Economy Express
2851 S. Hwy 81
El Reno, OK 73036

Phone: (405) 262-1022
(405) 262-1023

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 11:29 am:

I got a cabin at the el reno koa for 45.00. it is 35 miles away. that way I don't have to put up with all the motel noise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 01:46 pm:

I wonder how accurate these reviews are? Could be made by the competition but they don't paint a pretty picture of Economy Express.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g51328-d101793-Reviews-Economy_Express-E l_Reno_Oklahoma.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 03:51 pm:

That's what I am wondering about the motel room I reserved in Anadarko. The reviews were glowing, but I have had terrible previous experiences when staying at a motel and a transplanted native from Calcutta, answered the phone

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 04:12 pm:

Ken, there are just two reviews on that link. One was posted by "Awhedtk" and that is the only review of any hotel she has posted there. The other was posted by "Jondallas81" and that is also the only review of any hotel he has posted there. Two people with an axe to grind can ruin a hotel's reputation, I suspect.

According to Jim, he has stayed there at least three times (Friday night plus several times before = minimum of three) and he was happy with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 04:17 pm:

Terry;
What did u expect from a motel owner. Just got an email from someone that was just back from Gatlinsburg, Tn. in the Smokies, most of the shop owners are now dot heads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 04:57 pm:

I don't care what their native nationality is, as long as the room is, and smells, clean, but when a room smells of incense, I know I've made a bad choice. If my wife was going, we'd be staying in nothing less than a Holiday Inn Express, but I'm 'poorboying' it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 05:02 pm:

Online reviews of restaurants, motels, etc., are typically all over the map, so to speak. You can find some that rave about a particular place, and others that rage. I suspect some are by the proprietors, and some by their competition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Hargraves on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 05:03 pm:

Terry,
It's been a few years since I stayed in Anadarko but...When in that area now I stay in Chickasha. Adds a bit to my commute, but well worth it.
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 05:26 pm:

Bob, Chickasha is full up. That's why I'm in Anadarko, unless I change my mind and want to drive to OKC, Moore, or Norman, and I'm not sure any motels have been rebuilt at Moore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 05:28 pm:

Steve, on that website, you can look at the profile of the person who posted the review. As I said above, both of those "reviewers" had only posted one review ever. Kind of like someone who comes onto this forum and praises or pans something and his profile shows that that's his only post. I guess along with getting older and more crotchety, I'm getting more cynical as well..... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Hargraves on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 05:46 pm:

So Terry...Are you booking a stay for Chickasha?
If so, I stayed in Moore last year. Not the easiest commute. I've stayed in OKC for Chickasha before. Having done both I think I would do OKC before I would Moore. Seems, at least to me, an easier commute to Chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 05:56 pm:

Bob, Going to be in Anadarko, unless me and my alternate driver change our plans. The Knight's Inn in Anadarko has changed name and ownership. I, generally have better feelings about staying at motel chains, instead of locally owned places, but then it depends on who's managing them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Hargraves on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 06:37 pm:

Terry, while I can't give any props to hotel accomodations...There is a steak place (think the name is Traders) on Hwy 62/9 going west out of Anadarko towards Ft. Cobb that is by far the best place to eat. Seems they have irregular hrs. Not open on Monday and seems like another day as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 08:14 pm:

I thought it would help members if they got a review from another member who just stayed in a motel in the area ....

I am on the road over 300 days a year and I stay
in motels .... :-)

This motel has been repeatedly satisfactory and I particularly like that
when the tornado struck that town a few years ago - they did not raise their rates like just about every other property did ....

I know because I stayed there just a few days after the tornado hit ....

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 08:49 pm:

Sounds good Jim, last expensive room I stayed I when in port st joe fl, (120 bucks) had to get them to change the bed clothes after finding hair in the bed when I turned the cover back. After years of staying in motels I learned expensive is not always the best. All I need is a clean bed, bath and heat or air as the season calls for. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pamela Collinson on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 01:01 am:

I have never stayed there but from the reviews, it sounds like a crap-heap.

One thing I have learnt is that if a Motel wants a deposit sent (if you book ahead) or wants payment 'up-front',it is generally a good indicator "That it is going to be so bad, you will be leaving quickly" ! Up front is the only way they get to keep your cash !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie - Chehalis, Washington on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 01:41 am:

I learned a few years ago to read between the lines re: lodging reviews. If you have a hundred reviews and all are bad then perhaps you don't want to stay there..... Usually people that have some sort of bad experience (real or perceived) will leave a bad review and people who had an OK or better experience don't leave any review.
Wife and I still chuckle about a hotel we were reading reviews about before my fishing trip departure. We had stayed in the town before but not this hotel and it was a less expensive hotel but not the cheapest. I didn't need anything but a clean bed and this one was near the marina so I booked a room. .....then we read the reviews!
One disgruntled guest had written that the hotel was a cross between a homeless shelter and a brothel! It was neither...... room was clean and had a great view!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 12:29 am:

I took Jim's advice and switched my reservations from Anadarko to El Reno. After Chickasha, I'll post my experiences so everyone will know if Jim and I were right. At least the lady answering the phone at the Economy Express (which formerly was a Ramada) was pleasant, friendly, and didn't have a red dot accent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 02:13 pm:

If you stay in El Reno watch your speed coming down to Chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 08:29 pm:

Yeah, the swap meet lady told me the same thing about the little town between Chickasha and Anadarko.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 08:36 pm:

There is (was) a speed trap in the town of Union, so be careful. I booked late last year and stayed in Anadarko, the motel OK but finding somewhere to eat besides MacDonalds, was a problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 09:32 pm:

Tony, Anadarko is only about sixteen miles out. Why not eat in Chickasha? A couple of places I like are Temascal and New China.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 09:54 pm:

That's what I did after the first night!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 11:19 pm:

Be careful while driving in Oklahoma. The speed limit between El Reno and Chickasha changes about 15 times in 30 miles. I an fairly sure that the second largest grossing money maker for the state is traffic tickets. Many years ago when I was much younger and lacked diplomatic skills I got caught in a speed trap in Oklahoma where you came around a curve in the highway while in a 65 mph zone and suddenly found that you had missed the 30 mph sign posted behind a tree. There was a beer can rolling around the bed of my truck that had been there for a month or two. In addition to the speeding ticket I got an open container ticket. I asked for it as I called the Trouper Deputy Fife and asked to see his bullet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 12:55 am:

Paul, A correctly restored double lever 1909, $75,000. A correctly restored double lever 1909 chassis, $40,000. Your Barney Fife story, Priceless!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration